No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see that at all. For a start, I don't think Shenmue's crazy budget was ever reflected in its end product, meaning a lot of money was wasted somewhere along the line. And on top of that, all it has to do for many of us is deliver an experience on a par with the previous ones. Not on par with the previous ones if they were made today with a AAA budget and the lofty ambitions of what people imagine Shenmue could once have been.

Many of us would be happy with another DC one and that level is easier to achieve now with the tools available and groundwork done on the previous two games.

Comment

The guy was a reported arrogant and self involved idiot that pissed away a lot of cash.
      I think it was more he just commanded and demanded utter respect from his team. I'll hardly call a man that gave us the likes of OutRun, Hang-on, VF 1,2,3,4,Evo, Space Harrier Shenmue 1 and II, F355 an idot .

Shenmue costs are a bit overplayed really when you see what some other games cost and also how out of control some games got as well .

Comment

don't think Shenmue's crazy budget was ever reflected in its end product, meaning a lot of money was wasted somewhere along the line
        When you're having 200 staff working on a game for 5 years -its going to cost a lot of money really and like with any big scale long production that's cuting edge and risk taking they'll be waste and things that could have been done better with hinsight . Shenmue wasn't that great for me , Shenmue II on the other hand was a master piece for me and where one could see where the 7 years and $70 million went.

Comment

I suppose its not even about cash at this point.

ไฮไลท์บอล คู่เด็ด ทุกคู่ ทุกแมต ไม่พลาด ได้ที่นี่ livescore

Comment

It will be for many people working on it!

Comment

Them there stretch goals are rubbish:
              "14 years of planning and ideas from one of the greatest game designers of all time? darn right, there are Stretch Goals!
              Could these Stretch Goals lead this next Shenmue to change the way we play games again? You know they can."

I don't think adding French, Spanish, Italian and German subtitles for almost an extra million dollars (puts pinkie on lip) is going to "change the way we play games".

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                I think it was more he just commanded and demanded utter respect from his team. I'll hardly call a man that gave us the likes of OutRun, Hang-on, VF 1,2,3,4,Evo, Space Harrier Shenmue 1 and II, F355 an idot .

Shenmue costs are a bit overplayed really when you see what some other games cost and also how out of control some games got as well .
                His great games do not give him immunity from being an idiot. Luis Suarez is a world class football of the highest calibre but he is an idiot.

Comment

I'm sure this guy sometimes sits outside the hospital I work at asking if I can spare 50p.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    His great games do not give him immunity from being an idiot. Luis Suarez is a world class football of the highest calibre but he is an idiot.
                    Your track recored allows you some times to work on a dream project . Jackie Chan spent a fortune on Miracles for his dream project and it lost loads , did 1500 takes for one shot in Dragon Lord (another loss maker) but I'll hardly call him an idot for that , for wanting and demanding the best . Having voice actors come over to Japan was a bit over the Top , but it hardly where Shenmue main budget went and Shenmue sold in the millions no would care at all

R&D and having staff of over 200 for 5 years is where a lot of the money was sunk along with the millions SEGA put to PR . To me demanding and wanting the best for your project doesn't make you an idot at all

Comment

Demanding the best at the potential expense of your company makes you a massive idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Demanding the best at the potential expense of your company makes you a massive idiot.
                        Only if you don't make money . While making Shenmue project for SEGA . Yu also made VF II, VF 3 and VF 4 games which made SEGA millions and more than covered any losses on Shenmue . Lets remember that VF IV was solely responsible for SEGA being able to post a profit in 2002 and is still one of the high crossing coin ups in Japan ever.

Shenmue didn't break SEGA . Selling the DC at a huge loss and tiny marketshare is what cost SEGA. With out Yu Suzuki in the 80 and 90's SEGA would be nothing really .

Comment

Interview with Adam Boyes states that Sony approached Yu Suzuki to make it, and will be partly funding the project. He said they used the kickstarter as a way of gauging whether it was worthwhile- I guess smashing the target in less than a day should give them some confidence in it!

Even if YS owns the rights and it's only a timed exclusive, I guess all the people desperate for it will be there day one, and probably don't stand to lose a lot if it goes to XB in 6-12 months.
                          Last edited by MrKirov; 17-06-2015, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I don't think adding French, Spanish, Italian and German subtitles for almost an extra million dollars (puts pinkie on lip) is going to "change the way we play games".
                            It may well change the language in which we play one particular game, though!

Also, has he really been planning it for 14 years? Sounds like when they say a film has been in the making for ten years and five of those were the script sitting on someone's desk.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say that's likely the case.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                                Even if YS owns the rights and it's only a timed exclusive, I guess all the people desperate for it will be there day one, and probably don't stand to lose a lot if it goes to XB in 6-12 months.
                                Lets hope so more so as there's no way Shenmue III will finish the story . There's stil some 10 chapters left to be told and it took SEGA and AM#2 some 7 years and 2 games just to tell just six ,in the old CRT days . They'll be at least another 2 Shenmue games needed to finish the story

Comment

Working...
                                X