Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent comment from Senior Nintendo staff:

Originally posted by Satoru Shibata, Nintendo of Europe President
    Nintendo of Europe is today mourning the passing of Mr Satoru Iwata, Nintendo's Global President. It is difficult to put into words the sadness we feel at this time. Mr Iwata was a strong leader, a unique figure in the gaming industry and an important part of Nintendo's history. He was a visionary in every sense of the word and we will miss him dearly. Just as Mr Iwata challenged us to always push forward, we will ensure his legacy lives on through our ongoing work to always surprise and delight our fans. At this time our thoughts are with his family.
    Originally posted by Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo Co., Ltd. Senior Managing Director
    I am truly surprised and saddened by this unexpected news.
    The entire development team at Nintendo will remain committed to our development policy which Mr. Iwata and we have been constructing together and to yield the development results which Mr. Iwata would appreciate.
    Originally posted by Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America President and COO
    Mr. Iwata is gone, but it will be years before his impact on both Nintendo and the full video game industry will be fully appreciated. He was a strong leader for our company, and his attributes were clear to most everyone: intelligence, creativity, curiosity and sense of humor. But for those of us fortunate enough to work closely with him, what will be remembered most were his mentorship and, especially, his friendship. He was a wonderful man. He always challenged us to push forward ... to try the new ... to upset paradigms — and most of all, to engage, excite and endear our fans. That work will continue uninterrupted.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-07-2015, 18:15.

Comment

Kind of a weird day, i know it's silly as i never even knew the man. But it's suprisingly gotten to me quite a bit today, can't read the tributes or look at the pics much as i start welling up again. Trying not to remember him as the person fighting cancer but remember him as the fun president of Nintendo, how often do you see a president of a big company talk directly to their customers and also act silly sometimes, he was pretty unique in that respect. I'm really going to miss seeing him on the directs, i don't think anyone will be able to replace hime easy.

I shall remember him like this, funny Iwata in puppet form.

Even though he's no longer here, his legacy will continue to live on in both the games that he worked on but also those that were overseen by him. Each time you hold a controller he's still there Time to let the balloon fight commence.

Could the mods maybe change the banner on the site just for a day or so, it would be a nice tribute.
      Last edited by importaku; 13-07-2015, 17:56.

Comment

Like others it was a real shock to see this when I woke up this morning. I really liked Iwata and will miss him. Great and in a funny way a bit moving to see every Miiverse post in the Splatoon plaza be a tribute to him today.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          That's got me welling up now

Beautiful piece of artwork.

Comment

I wonder how this is going to affect the direction Nintendo chooses to take?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              No one really knows. Though for Nintendos sake I hope it's some one strong enough to resist shareholders calls for quick mobile cash ins and job lay offs like Iwata and Yamuchi did before them.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                No one really knows. Though for Nintendos sake I hope it's some one strong enough to resist shareholders calls for quick mobile cash ins and job lay offs like Iwata and Yamuchi did before them.
                Indeed, I just read about how he took a pay cut over the WiiUs performance and was quite impressed and amazed to hear about that kind of person these days.

Comment

Devastating news,God bless

Comment

Man...

RIP Satoru Iwata

Comment

Just awful news, this has played on my mind all day.

Thinking about Nintendo and the potential next President - my money is on current NOE Chief Satoru Shibata, not much is known about him and he has had two top jobs first at Nintendo Australia, then Nintendo Europe it's almost as if he's been groomed for the role. He's younger than Takeda and Miyamoto and that will leave them to focus on hardware / software development. He also is Japanese and has a good grasp of English.

...and I can't believe I've just read Satoru is a Japanese verb for 'to know' or 'understand' so Please Understand was a PUN all along

Man was a genius.

Comment

Very sad, 56 is no age

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                          Just awful news, this has played on my mind all day.

Thinking about Nintendo and the potential next President - my money is on current NOE Chief Satoru Shibata, not much is known about him and he has had two top jobs first at Nintendo Australia, then Nintendo Europe it's almost as if he's been groomed for the role. He's younger than Takeda and Miyamoto and that will leave them to focus on hardware / software development. He also is Japanese and has a good grasp of English.

...and I can't believe I've just read Satoru is a Japanese verb for 'to know' or 'understand' so Please Understand was a PUN all along

Man was a genius.
                          The more I think about the idea of Shibata-san succeeding Iwata-san, the more I like it. Just the kind of left-field choice and fresh face that Nintendo need, imo.

That said, all signs clearly point to Miyamoto-san. He's surely the universally popular choice, no?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                            For the better I hope . Maybe NCL will start to become more of a serious player in the console market now and drop the gimmicks

Comment

I really hope Miyamoto doesn't take charge, he's never been keen on it and despite being made of pure Legend I think he'd be awful at it. They need someone with a sharp pulse on the hole Nintendo has dug itself

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                You're not the only one.

To their credit, NCL kept that expertly under wraps.
                                I think its a very japanese way too.

Comment

Working...
                                X