RIP Satoru Iwata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    That said, all signs clearly point to Miyamoto-san. He's surely the universally popular choice, no?
    God I hope not. He's tried to retire several times already.

I love the guy and his work but he needs to focus on handoff, not taking on a new position.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
      I think its a very japanese way too.
      Yeah I'm not entirely convinced I like that way.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Yeah I'm not entirely convinced I like that way.
        I do; his health his own private affair. If he chooses to make it known, fine, but that's his business.

Comment

That's not the issue. It's more if he felt pressure to carry on until the bitter end. Knowing Japan, he did

Comment

Poetically-written tribute from EarthBound Director Shigesato Itoi: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...d_satoru_iwata

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              God I hope not. He's tried to retire several times already.

I love the guy and his work but he needs to focus on handoff, not taking on a new position.
              Completely agree. Plus, I don't really see him as CEO material. Game designer totally, but company president, no.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                Completely agree. Plus, I don't really see him as CEO material. Game designer totally, but company president, no.
                I don't see him as a top game designer anymore tbh, best days are behind him . Trouble with most of Japan, is there's far too many old CEO running corps and calling the shots . Japan Video gaming insutry is in a complete mess and I think its team the young staff were given their chance.

Comment

Yeah because young kids love playing traditional video games and not mindless mobile titles.

Comment

Yeah because young kids love playing traditional video games and not mindless mobile titles.
                    Admittedly, this is my concern - that the board gets its way and drafts in the head of GREE, or something, as his replacement.

Comment

Kids lol . Young staff in their 30 and 40's; Give them a chance to run lines and make the games they like to make, instead of the old guard calling the shots . Who knows the likes of SEGA and Nintendo may make interesting stuff again like they did inthe 80's and 90's when their young memebers were given a chance .

Comment

I'm with TA on this, it was a younger team that developed Splatoon - and that's exactly the kind of thing we need to see from Nintendo for them to survive into the future. Miyamoto is a legendary game designer but I definitely don't see him as CEO material, or the right person to lead the next evolution of Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I'm with TA on this, it was a younger team that developed Splatoon - and that's exactly the kind of thing we need to see from Nintendo for them to survive into the future. Miyamoto is a legendary game designer but I definitely don't see him as CEO material, or the right person to lead the next evolution of Nintendo.
                          Be that as it may, Miyamoto-san and Takeda-san were already effectively in VP roles under Iwata-san and the fact that Nintendo have chosen to proceed with them at the helm in the interim would suggest that one of them will take on the role eventually.

Can't see it being Takeda-san as he's even older than Miyamoto-san - he's nearly 70! Sadly, I don't see Nintendo being progressive enough to go for Shibata-san or somebody of that left-field ilk either.

Comment

That's true. Ultimately the Nintendo board are all ancient and are more likely to stick with the 'conservative' choice of someone with more years under their belt.

Comment

I have to echo the comments about Miyamoto not being a good choice for CEO.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Japan Video gaming insutry is in a complete mess and I think its team the young staff were given their chance.
                              I think people need to learn about how Japan works before setting themselves up for disappointment.

Comment

I think people need to learn about how Japan works before setting themselves up for disappointment
                                That to me is the problem with Japan and why its economy as gone nowhere for decades. Sadly I look at the one great and amazing gaming corps like SEGA, Cave, NCL, Capcom, GameArts , Treasure, Konami and get feel they all their best days are long gone, its kind of sad

Comment

Working...
                                X