This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I might be wrong but SX OS recently released v1.9 which I think already sidesteps anything Firmware 6.0 introduces to counter it.
    So they claim. I've only ever run the "stealth" mode SXOS firmware so we'll see how well they've done soon enough!

Comment

Comment

Those Joycon look crap when attached, but detached is a different story entirely. They look almost retro, in an early-mid '80s McDonald's restaurant kind of way:

Comment

So cute , don’t need but kinda want

Comment

I get the intention (even if Limited Edition SKU's of Switch are pretty redundant in a way) but hate the colour combo there, for me that's the weakest joycon release yet

Comment

Guys , we have no games. What should we do?
              Different dye in the joycon machine?
              Solved!

I know smash is due!

Comment

I am now rejecting the claim of no games. There are a bunch of games. What’s more, there are games that we just wouldn’t have got on a Nintendo system in previous generations and, unlike the WiiU where some tried this (like ZombiU) and then ran for the hills due to no sales, this seems to be continuing which is a surprise to me but it’s a good surprise. The Switch has already exceeded the level of support I thought the system would get after the WiiU. There may not be games that you in particular want. But there are games.

Comment

Love those Joycons ... they remind me of Charlie Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    So they claim. I've only ever run the "stealth" mode SXOS firmware so we'll see how well they've done soon enough!
                    Are you playing "backups"? Do you then reset the console to play online/use the store?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I am now rejecting the claim of no games. There are a bunch of games. What’s more, there are games that we just wouldn’t have got on a Nintendo system in previous generations and, unlike the WiiU where some tried this (like ZombiU) and then ran for the hills due to no sales, this seems to be continuing which is a surprise to me but it’s a good surprise. The Switch has already exceeded the level of support I thought the system would get after the WiiU. There may not be games that you in particular want. But there are games.
                      Yeah, just not games I want basically. I am still playing stuff that I like on ther e.g. Stardew, Skyrim, but what I want is Metroid and Animal Crossing. I know they'll come but they're currently making the stuff I don't like e.g. Mario, Smash
                      [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] No backups. So far I've just backed up my game saves but I am going to put some emulators on there at some point. Game updates won't download when you're in custom firmware mode I've found. Oh, I'm also going to backup my own copy of Skyrim on there; that should count as a backup? See if I get banned after I do that.

Comment

If it's anything like the 3DS you'll just have to wait a few hours for them to patch the system update so you can then update manually whilst keeping all of your warez.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they work out a really easy way to bypass their paywall for online gaming, and possibly cloud saves.

But really, when playing an unmodified Skyrim save backups should be the very least of your concerns. All the cloud saving in the Universe isn't going to prevent disaster in that game.

Comment

Oh yeah, Skyrim has broken on me multiple times already. That's why I have so many save slots!

Comment

Spider Solitaire F is the only game you'll ever need.
                            Seriously, who thought about this? What's next, Minefield?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I am now rejecting the claim of no games.
                              Agreed. The system does have chinks in its armour, some by design, some by Nintendo's lack of support, but software is not one of them. It has a huge and high quality selection of games. I actually feel that Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and even Splatoon 2 after all its updates are as good as any game on any system from any era.

Comment

No games is now likely a poor description - subpar support is probably more apt. Things are improved but only to MS tier level which is fine but not where it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X