Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    When it's fair , objective and balanced .. sure . Did MS actually promise to show off it's In House games last week?
    Microsoft said themselves they got the messaging wrong (as did Ubisoft) so that's 'fact' not opinion.

They did promise to 'show next-gen gameplay from their global development partners'. And then got shot down for showing barely ANY gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      You can definitely tell the difference between 1080p and 4K (I can anyway), but I'd choose increased framerate any day of the week.
      Of course you can. But TA is insinuating that DF are fanboys of Sony's PlayStation hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        Microsoft said themselves they got the messaging wrong (as did Ubisoft) so that's 'fact' not opinion.

They did promise to 'show next-gen gameplay from their global development partners'. And then got shot down for showing barely ANY gameplay.
        3rd parties are their Global development partners

Comment

Of course you can. But TA is insinuating that DF are fanboys of Sony's PlayStation hardware.
          I said they Panda to the masses, sometimes and no doubt they have too.For likes and subscribes.

Eurogamer are PS Generation mind.

Comment

Quite - now if they'd said we're going to show you a load of PC pre-rendered animations as a teaser of what third party games are coming to the Xbox One platform, they'd have delivered on that promise 100%.

Comment

3rd parties are their Global development partners
              It was an MS show!!!

I said they Panda to the masses, sometimes and no doubt they have too.For likes and subscribes.

Eurogamer are PS Generation mind.
              Richard Leadbetter is older than us. He's been around for eons.

DF produce some of the best content/videogame media there is. Sure sometimes it's analytical beyond the extreme but that's what they like to do. Literally count pixels. They are passionate about videogames and technology and there is no fanboy amongst them. They are about as fair and unbiased as you can get amongst professional journalists.
              Last edited by Digfox; 13-05-2020, 09:57.

Comment

Speaking of frame rates, I was reading a thread in which people were claiming that 30fps->60fps isn't as big a leap as 60fps->144+fps. Apparently you'd believe that too if you'd experienced it yourself.

I haven't seen a game at 144fps but I'd have thought 30->60 is a bigger difference because it's jerky->smooth, whereas 60->144 is smooth->smoother.

I'm intrigued but my monitors are 75Hz max.

Comment

I've owned 3 fast response displays; a 2012 120hz Samsung, a ASUS 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor and my ASUS laptop 144hz 1080p G-Sync display.

I'm not sure it's that simple, but I'd say the difference between 30 > 60fps are greater than above 60 fps. But massive caveats and some subjectivity.

Although the jump to 120/144hz is lovely. Even for 2D display work or games. Everything is much snappier. For me even without FreeSync/G-Sync the best things about 120/144hz+ panels is frame tearing becomes basically unnoticeable. You can kill it completely with sync, albeit introduce some lag.

I'd imagine any higher, i.e. 240hz panels and you need to be a CS:GO eSports player to notice any difference. But it's there.

A big difference is that when 30fps drops, it very noticeable. But drops from 60 to 50 are much less noticeable. And so on.

Comment

Digital Foundry certainly don't pander to the masses. Some of their videos are crazy technical and I doubt very much that Barry FIFA or Nigel CoD understand what they are talking about.

The MS "thing" was a mess. The fact that they even came out and said so shows that they understand that they got their messaging wrong. It was never going to be first party stuff, always third party but they said gameplay footage. To me that means at minimum a few minutes of what the game looks like as it is being played - with HUD etc so the gamer gets an idea of how it will look while they are playing it.

Showing trailers made from cutscenes along with a few realtime scenes (which the player doesn't actually interact) doesn't cut it.

A few of the games gave a decent account ot themselves with Call of the Sea looking particularly nice.

Comment

Well I will say from personal experience going from 1080p to 4K is very noticeable on Xbox One X but then my TV doesn't have some of the upscale wizardry some have these days. I watched the Nvidia Shield with its AI upscale do some impressive things to Netflix but with games I think native is better unless it means we can get a smoother frame rate experience with little detriment ..

Comment

It was an MS show!!!
                        Take it you don't watch the show weekly then...There are weeks when only 3rd party games are shown off . YES even on Microsoft's Own Show ..That's the joke too, isn't it ? MS doesn't have enough games to go round .

You can be passionate about games and count pixels , but still need to panda to the biggest audience; I think Rich, found that out to his cost with Maximum magazine. A brilliant mag, but sadly didn't bash the Saturn enough, for the faithful :P.

Comment

Take it you don't watch the show weekly then...There are weeks when only 3rd party games are shown off . YES even on Microsoft's Own Show ..That's the joke too, isn't it ? MS doesn't have enough games to go round .

You can be passionate about games and count pixels , but still need to panda to the biggest audience; I think Rich, found that out to his cost with Maximum magazine. A brilliant mag, but sadly didn't bash the Saturn enough, for the faithful :P.
                          Right...OK. You're mucking around now?

Comment

Pandas are nothing to joke about.

Comment

Right...OK. You're mucking around now?
                              Other are . But seriously I've seen plenty of This Week On Xbox and the only games shown are 3rd Party's one .

What next, because Microsoft talks of its partner AMD and how AMD made the CPU and GPU of the Series X . That counts has a In House MS development R&D team

Comment

Last edited by teddymeow; 13-05-2020, 18:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X