Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rab Florence is going to be presenting the Channel 4 Gamesmaster reboot. Perfect casting!

Comment

Yeah he’s pretty much an ideal choice.

ConsoleVania was groundbreaking really. Remember downloading it from their website because of course this was pre-YouTube? It took friggin ages! At least on my 28.8k modem, anyway. Credit to Yakumo as of course he was also producing his own show in those very early days of web video.

Comment

Now picturing an alternate timeline where Craig Charles presented it in the 90s and Yakumo gets the call up today.

Comment

I don't know who he is, or the co-presenters, but that's more a reflection on me than them.
          Just glad the show's back on telly.
          Can't believe how underrepresented videogames are on the television, considering how big they are.

Also, I hope they lay off with the "waggling your joystick" gags.
          We're still trying to prove that videogames aren't solely the interest of teenage boys enjoying Lara Croft too much.

Comment

Don't know him but saw a vid and he immediately comes across well and the right type to fit how the show used to be. Hopefully the format hasn't changed too much.

Comment

Pleased to see Rab Florence is involved with the Gamesmaster reboot. ConsoleVania and Video Gaiden were great. Also good to have a presenter/writer with a real passion for games. Plus any excuse to post this clip -

Top marks for the the use of the REAL typeface from the FZ-1 3DO.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Yeah he’s pretty much an ideal choice.

ConsoleVania was groundbreaking really. Remember downloading it from their website because of course this was pre-YouTube? It took friggin ages! At least on my 28.8k modem, anyway. Credit to Yakumo as of course he was also producing his own show in those very early days of web video.
                Aye, that I was. Never made it big time though

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Now picturing an alternate timeline where Craig Charles presented it in the 90s and Yakumo gets the call up today.
                  Lol, Awsome. I'm a fan of Craig Charles too. If only that was true.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    We're still trying to prove that videogames aren't solely the interest of teenage boys enjoying Lara Croft too much.
                    Would ramming the shaft be more acceptable . Seriously though, they can have some innuendos but make them classy and genuinely funny.

Comment

Melty Blood Type Lumina came out last night. Seems like a fun anime fighter so far. Anyone getting it?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Yeah, leave that back in the 90s, please!

Jokes about running my hands over Brad's HOTAS are so much more sophisticated.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Melty Blood Type Lumina came out last night. Seems like a fun anime fighter so far. Anyone getting it?
                          I was going to, but it's top dollar - £45. I need to wait to hear if it's particularly good.

Comment

Christopher Judge says the God of War Ragnarok delay was because of him. He needed both hips replaced, along with back and knee surgery as he could no longer walk.

Comment

Comment

The last game they did this with was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate which doesn't interest me. Those SMT games do however. Worth keeping an eye on it anyway if you're still looking for some 3DS games (although you'll need a soft-modded system to play NTSC stuff).

-edit-

3DS RESTOCK - OCTOBER 1, 2021 — VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA
                                Nothing for me personally. Also they charge VAT up front now, I guess due to Brexit red tape? It's a good price for Hatsune Miku though, I got around £70 for my sealed copy earlier this year.
                                Last edited by Cepp; 01-10-2021, 17:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X