Grand Theft Auto VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    GTA 6 has hyper realistic new animation system reveals Rockstar patent (msn.com)
    A patent about locomotion animation has a slight chance of being the only tidbits rabid fans glean for GTAVI this month
    Makes sense.

Rockstar are notorious because they're the only people who can use the Euphoria animation system*, which was meant to be an industry-wide system (it was used in The Force Unleashed) but they bought exclusive rights and I believe still have them.

*other than NaturalMotion themselves, but they've made very little use of it

This is one of the reasons the characters "move like that" in Rockstar's games, especially when their animations are interrupted.

If they're deciding to move on, or maybe because Zynga bought NaturalMotion a few years ago and that maybe forces them to, it would make sense for them to do this. It's the bedrock upon which GTA4-and-onwards is based.

Comment

I hate tweets within tweets:

Start the two year to release countdown!

729D: 23H: 59M: 37S

Comment

If someone had told me in 2013 that in ten years time I'd still be waiting for TES 6 and GTA 6 and that what's more both would still be years away, I wouldn't have believed them.

Borderline not arsed about this honestly. I adored GTA 5 when it came out but when I returned to it recently I didn't find it all that compelling.

Comment

Looking forward to the 60fps update on PS7pro, wait hold on, no, probably PS8pro.

Comment

It won't happen but can you imagine the absolute chaos at Take Two if it launched and underperformed?

Comment

It won't happen but can you imagine the absolute chaos at Take Two if it launched and underperformed?
              I would imagine any failure of any title for rockstar would be a potential self destruct situation at this point.... The development costs on this is insane, not quite Star Citizen insane... but definitely the most expensive known franchise.

I'm down for it given it looks like it's set in Miami again and hopefully in the 80s (has that been confirmed?)... I want extra cheese on my GTA

Comment

The biggest laugh with GTA is that there's no real reason why they need to wait 10-15 years between entries. The scale they aim for in their games now are to a point where no-ones really demanding it. If they reigned themselves in a bit they could easily put titles out faster. It's amazing how GTAV has sold so many copies but it would be peak stupidity for them to assume every GTA they release can be relied on to do the same.

Arguably, they might be better served to make the single player GTA's slightly smaller in scope and able to be released every so many years with GTA Online created as it's own stand alone thing designed specifically for it somewhat Warzone like.

It legitimately could be 2040 when Grand Theft Auto VII launches

And given the even numbered GTA's have usually been the weaker ones, I'm not convinced I will want to rely on 6 for a decade and a half

Comment

I can just imagine the shareholder presentation for 6 and the gargantuan sales projections and bonuses being dished out, to the shareholders and directors obviously not the people making the game.

Comment

The biggest laugh with GTA is that there's no real reason why they need to wait 10-15 years between entries. The scale they aim for in their games now are to a point where no-ones really demanding it. If they reigned themselves in a bit they could easily put titles out faster. It's amazing how GTAV has sold so many copies but it would be peak stupidity for them to assume every GTA they release can be relied on to do the same.

Arguably, they might be better served to make the single player GTA's slightly smaller in scope and able to be released every so many years with GTA Online created as it's own stand alone thing designed specifically for it somewhat Warzone like.

It legitimately could be 2040 when Grand Theft Auto VII launches

And given the even numbered GTA's have usually been the weaker ones, I'm not convinced I will want to rely on 6 for a decade and a half
                    I think the biggest upgrade I would like to see over GTAV is making the 1st / 3rd person shooting as good as a standalone title. The vehicular stuff is pretty decent at this point but the whole deathmatch type modes were still a bit funky... They could actually make something really good here if it is actually up to the same level as Warzone / Battlefield etc...

I mean they've had plenty of time / money to get it done.

Comment

It'd be great if that happens but if nothing else RDR2 makes me feel like GTA6 is going to be a step backward in some ways

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree. It's rare that extremely long development cycles produce the best games. History tells us that they're often hamstrung by having one foot in the past.

I'm curious to see what GTA 6 but my ardour for it has long since been dampened by the absolutely mammoth amount of time they've decided to take over it.

Comment

Isn’t it going to be just more of the same with bigger maps , zero loading times etc ? I can’t imagine them bringing anything new that hasn’t been done before tbh * shrugs *

Comment

The leaked footage suggested that despite the ridiculous delay in release it was't a huge step away from GTAV. But I kind of hope that's the case, it's very easy for Rockstar to make small changes that weaken a GTA often around how it feels to play. It's why GTA4 has always been a weaker entry to me, or how RDR2 borders on feeling like work to control compared to how simple GTAV is to get around in

Comment

It’s only been delayed this long because of gta online and all the muppets showing rockstar they can pump out skins and other digital tat for next to nothing and with much more profit, so that’s what they are going to do indefinitely given the chance.

Comment

Take Two boss thinks game prices need to be higher than they already are thanks to a flawed calculation of value

Comment

Working...
                                X