This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    No they are not the neon ones, let me try and find the link when I get home they were def the Mario odyssey red ones
    I await the link with baited breath.

I make you wrong but, for the sake of me wanting to buy them, I obviously hope you're right!

EDIT: [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] I make you right after all - the Mario Odyssey Red Joy-Con are indeed on the MyNIntendoStore, albeit fora little bit more than the regular RRP. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-04-2020, 16:14. Reason: importaku proved me wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      I await the link with baited breath.

I make you wrong but, for the sake of me wanting to buy them, I obviously hope you're right!

EDIT: [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] I make you right after all - the Mario Odyssey Red Joy-Con are indeed on the MyNIntendoStore, albeit fora little bit more than the regular RRP. Thanks for the heads-up!

https://mynintendostore.nintendo.co....-pair-red.html
      ah great you found them, yeah a little more pricy but a bit better than trying to import them as at the moment as i discovered it's pretty slow to import via parcelforce as they are struggling. Took well over 10 days to get something from japan when usually it's about 3 but to be fair in this current global climate you have to expect delays and stuff.

Comment

Always wondered why eA doesnt do well on Nintendo platforms

Burnout Paradise is out on 19 June for £45

Comment

Nintendo's plans for its annual E3 broadcast have been pushed back due to complications arising from the coronavirus pa…

And Nintys E3 direct is cancelled TFN

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Always wondered why eA doesnt do well on Nintendo platforms

Burnout Paradise is out on 19 June for £45
            Nope. No wondering needed.

They made it crystal-clear when they publicly confirmed that "Legacy Editions" (the exact same game every year, with only roster updates) of their sports franchises were going to be a thing on Nintendo platforms.

At this point, I'm not even sure why they bother to make stuff for Nintendo systems anymore.

Comment

The Switch has now sold 56m units of hardware and 356m units of software worldwide, clearly making it Nintendo's third best-selling home console hardware of all-time.

The NES/Famicom (62m/500m) and Wii (102m/922m) have sold more hardware and software. The SNES/Super Famicom has presently sold more software globally than the Switch (379m) but the surpassing of this is surely a mere formality.

I'm still doubtful that the Switch gets to 100m hardware units sold globally but the way things are going...

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-05-2020, 08:29.

Comment

20m before it manages to overtake Nintendo's lowest selling handheld, the 3DS. Should easily pass that marker but the others are up there with the Gods. In terms of 3DS+WiiU sales combined it has to do about another 40m to not be a shrinking of overall sales for Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  20m before it manages to overtake Nintendo's lowest selling handheld, the 3DS. Should easily pass that marker but the others are up there with the Gods. In terms of 3DS+WiiU sales combined it has to do about another 40m to not be a shrinking of overall sales for Nintendo.
                  On today's episode of "Neon desperately trying to insist that the Switch is somehow a massive failure when all evidence to the contrary suggests that it isn't anything of the sort."...

Comment

He has a point though. Nintendo went from 3 pillars to 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      On today's episode of "Neon desperately trying to insist that the Switch is somehow a massive failure when all evidence to the contrary suggests that it isn't anything of the sort."...

You and Neon have done this dance before. It's nothing any analyst wouldn't be looking at tbf. Although Nintendo have the digital and subscription bounce which means more revenue now.

Comment

Exactly, it's not saying it's a failure it's wondering whether one successful system will offset the loss of having more than one to rely on. It's not like for like because there are other factors but generation on generation Nintendo has gone from total HW sales of:

62m > 200m (complicated one this one) > 103m > 255m > 89m > 55m and counting so there are still massive number difference at play for Nintendo, especially the more dependent they become on that single product repeating that success each generation. It's why Nintendo sales figures are the most interesting of the Big 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                          You and Neon have done this dance before. It's nothing any analyst wouldn't be looking at tbf. Although Nintendo have the digital and subscription bounce which means more revenue now.
                          And why are you bothered about who I "dance" with??

The clear inference here is home console. The Switch is essentially that first and foremost, regardless of its handheld capabilities. It is Nintendo's flagship hardware, having replaced the Wii U which was the flagship machine before it.

In home console sales terms, it is now clearly Nintendo's third greatest machine ever. That is clearly the obvious point here.

Nintendo don't class NES/SNES/GB hardware total sales as one big homogeneous mass as far as I'm aware, so I'm really not sure why Neon insists on lumping Wii U with 3DS in some kind of vain attempt to show the Switch as a flop when it isn't one.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-05-2020, 12:44.

Comment

If any thing Switch Lite is the successor to the 3DS and shouldbe directly compared

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              If any thing Switch Lite is the successor to the 3DS and shouldbe directly compared
                              Don't talk that common sense around here!

Best make like Neon and write off the Switch because, you know, it hasn't made NES+Game & Watch+SNES+N64+GC+Wii combined sales numbers!

Comment

Fair enough but you're going to have to remove about 10m from those Switch sales if you're classing Lite as a separate system

And pretending that Switch isn't a successful home console largely because... it's a handheld

Comment

Working...
                                X