Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me that’s an ok length as I have never played 3D world so that’s a lot of game before you add on the new stuff. Probably a bit harder to swallow if you have already rinsed 3D world on wiiu and was buying just for new content.

Just spotted monster hunter rise will have a special limited edition switch bundle seeing as Japanese scalpers have deliberately bought up as much stock in japan of the regular switches prior to rise been released to max out screwing people over this new limited edition will cause people to go crazy. Bet it will sell out instantly.

Comment

Eurogamer already reporting that the Bowser's Fury campaign will be 30fps in handheld mode.

No word on the resolutions and/or docked performance of Bowser's Fury (or the handheld and/or docked performance of the main SM3DW port) as of yet but I'm assuming that Digital Foundry will obviously take a look at all of this in due course.

Assuming that the SM3DW port easily hits 720p @ 60fps* (just like the Wii U original) in handheld mode, anything less than full 1080p @ 60fps in docked mode would have to be a disappointment, surely?

*= DISCLAIMER: IIRC, SM3DW on Wii U was natively 720p @ 60fps, but dipped to 30fps when there was too much on-screen. Can't remember because it's been years since I last played it!
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-01-2021, 14:12.

Comment

Going off Era its:

Mario 3D - Docked: 1080p 60fps
        Mario 3D - Handheld: 720p 60fps
        Bowser - Docked: 720p 60fps
        Bowser - Handheld: 720p 30fps
        Mario 3D has 8 directional movement, Bowsers Fury has 360 degree movement

Dunno if that will prove true though

Comment

EU considering action against Nintendo for Joy-con drift

Comment

That sounds fine for me, even though I played it loads on the Wii U. It is such a good game. Even the resolution jump to 1080 is something. Bowsers Fury looks genuinely different to any other Mario too so that cements it. Im definitely going through the new stuff first.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Bowser - Docked: 720p 60fps
              Bowser - Handheld: 720p 30fps
              That's a bit strange, because unless I'm forgetting something, the dock is just an HDMI/USB interface, it doesn't have a co-processor hidden inside. The only reason I can think they would do this is to save on battery life. Do any other Switch games do this? (aside from making levels on Mario Maker, I never take it out of the dock!)
              Last edited by ZipZap; 29-01-2021, 09:55.

Comment

Most commit to a single framerate but apparently there are a handful that sacrifice framerate in undocked mode such as Fire Emblem Warriors

Comment

I thought it did have a processor and most games had a resolution bump with the dock. It's why 3rd party connectors don't really exist.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    I thought it did have a processor and most games had a resolution bump with the dock. It's why 3rd party connectors don't really exist.
                    Switch CPU / GPU

Undocked 1020MHz 307.2MHz 1331/1600MHz
                    Docked 1020MHz 307.2/768MHz 1331/1600MHz

No extra processing in the dock. It's merely that when running from mains power they let things in the machine off the leash a little.

Comment

Well, that is news to me. Thanks. I remember early on single cable solutions not being possible due to a chip or something. That was a few years ago though so can't remember the specifics.

Comment

Yeah, I was under that same impression. That's not to say I had any actual idea but, somewhere along the line, I seemed to file away in my brain that the dock had actual hardware that did stuff.

Comment

Anyone know how Super Mario 3D World works online in terms of playthrough progression? Does the game progression only affect the host or will client playthrough will also be affected?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Anyone know how Super Mario 3D World works online in terms of playthrough progression? Does the game progression only affect the host or will client playthrough will also be affected?
                            Only the host of the online multiplayer session will get the game progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Only the host of the online multiplayer session will get the game progression.
                              Clients take anything home with them?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Clients take anything home with them?
                                Lol. Not sure.

Maybe just the nice, warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with having taken part in another awesome Super Mario adventure?

Comment

Working...
                                X