Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I'd take a decent Virtual Console with GameCube games on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      They are kind of course correcting with the switch nobody bar the hardcore got to play a lot of the switch stuff so it all looks new to most of the general public, Some massive release this year though, as well as rehash Mario we have a new Pokemon Snap, a new Metroid and a new main line Zelda. Put that up against Sonys big exclusives output For this year and its god of war, Horizon zero dawn, Returnal and Ratchet and Clank.
      We've seen nothing of Metroid Prime 4 bar the logo. i strongly doubt that it comes out this year.

I also suspect that BOTW2 is heading for similar delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        We've seen nothing of Metroid Prime 4 bar the logo. i strongly doubt that it comes out this year.

I would peg both of these as Switch Pro/2 whatever games now, if Mp4 even comes out at all.

Comment

Ninty might be riding a massive wave but it’s not the time to get complacent

Comment

As i have a new switch coming in about a week or so is there anything i need to know before hand about transferring data to the new one? I have online so my saves are backed up to the cloud, never done it before so i have no idea if there's anything i need to be careful of so i don't screw it up. Does the switch have that primary console bollocks like ps4?

Comment

Yep, in the last week Platinum basically told people to forget Bayonetta 3 exists until they have something to show which isn't a great sign. Things have been wrong at Retro for a long while now with not even crumbs making it out their door so Metroid Prime 4 isn't happening this year either. Breath of the Wild 2... to be honest, I kind of expect it will arrive thanks to a heavy push purely because of the anniversary but unless it's heavily different than BOTW1... *shrug*

Like we've discussed before. The Switch is doing gangbusters like the Wii did and just like the latter half of the Wii's life Complacement Mode Nintendo has come out of retirement again. We're back to lazy mode with them again and I think the time to expect their output to bolster through merged formats has passed. It won't improve with Switch 2 either, likely being worse thanks to the drought of ports to hide amongst.

Hardware wise the Switch probably has a few years left, software wise (AAA Nintendo titles wise) I think we're very, very close to the end of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                As i have a new switch coming in about a week or so is there anything i need to know before hand about transferring data to the new one?
                It's prettyuch like a 3DS, you do a system transfer and you can move the mSD from the first system to the second. Nintendo's website has a step-by-step procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Yep, in the last week Platinum basically told people to forget Bayonetta 3 exists until they have something to show which isn't a great sign. Things have been wrong at Retro for a long while now with not even crumbs making it out their door so Metroid Prime 4 isn't happening this year either. Breath of the Wild 2... to be honest, I kind of expect it will arrive thanks to a heavy push purely because of the anniversary but unless it's heavily different than BOTW1... *shrug*

Like we've discussed before. The Switch is doing gangbusters like the Wii did and just like the latter half of the Wii's life Complacement Mode Nintendo has come out of retirement again. We're back to lazy mode with them again and I think the time to expect their output to bolster through merged formats has passed. It won't improve with Switch 2 either, likely being worse thanks to the drought of ports to hide amongst.

Hardware wise the Switch probably has a few years left, software wise (AAA Nintendo titles wise) I think we're very, very close to the end of the line.

Hey guys, they thought they'd be getting double the games on 1 console because Nintendo got rid of the dedicated handheld.

Sniggers, bless you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    a new Metroid
                    Admittedly, I don't believe this is coming out until we see more than a logo.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Hey guys, they thought they'd be getting double the games on 1 console because Nintendo got rid of the dedicated handheld.
                      Nah; I never thought we'd get double, but I did think we'd get more.

That being said, the Switch is going to face a new problem soon - namely that with the PS5 and Series X, we're about to see console gaming move on to the point where the platform gulf is going to be much bigger than it previously was. This is going to be similar to the Wii, where, for example, when EA wanted to do a Wii version of their games, they needed an independent team to make a unique version of the game, because the hardware gap made ports impossible.

It's not quite the same as the graphical abilities of the Switch and PS5 are more comparable (the Wii fundamentally couldn't do certain things, and being SD, that was an issue for frontends and OSDs) but like I said, similar.

Given, I'm not going to miss the likes of Madden or other microtransaction-laden games.

Comment

Switch 2 will be full of 4k ports of Switch games. And we will buy them aaaalllllll.

Comment

Na Nintendo will still lazily putting at 1 GC port a year by that stage.

Comment

4k gamecube games. Then hackers will find out the cart is full of dolphin code and a single rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Nah; I never thought we'd get double, but I did think we'd get more.
                              While I hoped this early on, it became very clear very quickly that we weren't going to get most of the types of games that made it to the 3DS or DS. And that's a huge shame. I feel a gap now for those types of games.

Nintendo are weird when it comes to releases, they really are. We look back on the DS and 3DS and see the catalogue as a whole and generally they're impressive but remember just how many droughts there were for these systems? Months and months of nothing from Nintendo. And they do this thing where they're still pushing the same games years after release, like they only need one of something per system (like how we don't have another Switch Mario Kart). Which you might even make a case for if it weren't also for the fact that it feels like there are less of those one of something games (like how we don't get an F-Zero game or how Metroid Prime 4 really doesn't exist and we haven't had any other Metroid game).

Any game on that Nintendo list that doesn't have a date, I don't think we'll see in 2021. There are just three games on that list that are actually coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

which is also the case with god of war and horizon we've seen nothing of either of these too

Comment

Working...
                                X