No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon the logo is aiming to be similar to that of a UFC logo. Looking at Luke's look and style of fighting in SFV that kinda checks out?

Comment

Like Maxamilion dood said in his what SF6 needs I think it needs a mechanic like Parry from III or IV and its focus attack. Not sure how I feel about RE engine models I mean how is Chun Li,Cammy and Blanka, Guile first ones that come into my head gonna look if realistically modelled!? But we shall see.
      Last edited by JU!; 21-02-2022, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        You think? Didn't SFV actually throttle back on this? I just remember they adjusted R.Mika's camera angles to put less emphasis on when she smacks her ass.
        I think that's the one time they dialed up to 11.2, then pulled it back down to 11.

Comment

This explains the Logo

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
            Like Maxamilion dood said in his what SF6 needs I think it needs a mechanic like Parry from III or IV and its focus attack. Not sure how I feel about RE engine models I mean how is Chun Li,Cammy and Blanka, Guile first ones that come into my head gonna look if realistically modelled!? But we shall see.
            I haven't played V, really. Didn't it have an equivalent? What was the V-Trigger thing?

Comment

V-Trigger is a double edged sword in my opinion. Basically a come back/last chance mechanic. I like it and I don't. I've been playing as Rose lately and you could be getting battered, but with one hit confirm I could potentially take 40-50% health from my opponent using her Alpha style custom combo V-Trigger. Every character has 2 and they're all mostly different applications for the most part, but they can all turn the tide in a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                That's really a bad look.
                With the cheapening out Capcom has done for their recent fighters, bare bones SFV launch and MVC infinity ****e my confidence in this is pretty low now.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  V-Trigger is a double edged sword in my opinion. Basically a come back/last chance mechanic. I like it and I don't. I've been playing as Rose lately and you could be getting battered, but with one hit confirm I could potentially take 40-50% health from my opponent using her Alpha style custom combo V-Trigger. Every character has 2 and they're all mostly different applications for the most part, but they can all turn the tide in a battle.
                  Oh, so it's more like those fighters where every character has a unique mechanic, like Shun Di's drinking in Virtua Fighter or Gen's stance-changes in most of his SF appearances? Doesn't BlazBlue work like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    How much lower can you get.

Konami: hold my beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Oh, so it's more like those fighters where every character has a unique mechanic, like Shun Di's drinking in Virtua Fighter or Gen's stance-changes in most of his SF appearances? Doesn't BlazBlue work like that?
                      Kinda yeah. Most will extend a combo like Max Mode in KOF, some will add new properties to specials like Ryu's fireball can be charged and will cause a crumple state if it connects allowing for a dash in and combo follow up. They're pretty cool to turn to. Makes opponent weary if they see you have the bars onboard, but at same time all your straight up hard work in a match can be in danger of a sudden come back.

I like it. I've said loads of times in here that the last couple of seasons of SFV have made the game on of my favorites over the years.

Comment

I've always felt that, other than being a 2D fighter at the dawn of 3D, the parry system was one of the things that put people off SF3 at the time. Whilst it looks great as a head to head mechanic and is tactical, I think as most play it in single player it just made the CPU feel cheap whenever it happened whether fairly or unfairly.

I kind of feel Street Fighters gimmick might be best if it were the lack of one, a more back to basics approach. As much as the e-sports and core fans fixate and debate about V-Triggers, Red Focuses, Ultras etc I think they very quickly become over focused and off putting. Though SF4 had them, it's likely no coincidence that the entry most designed to hark to SF2 did the best. It comes back around to the SF5 complaint, Capcom should be largely ignoring the esports/core crowd for now and focusing on the general masses. The Super/Ultra eras are where the smaller, dedicated fanbases should get greater attention so as to avoid another damp launch like SF5 had.

Leading with Luke is a mistake as well, he's still a very weak design and audiences rarely seem to take to prominent new characters. Instead they build them up over time if received well.

The logo, well, it plainly sucks and is a bad attempt at refreshing the series image which only needs refreshing if your Capcom and you've misread why SF5 struggled. Hell, you can even merge the classic logo with the new one and make a better looking variant but no... even the 6 doesn't look like a pleasured giraffe. No joy for fans at all.

Honestly, it's still kind of the vibe that Street Fighter IV was something of a fluke and Capcom doesn't really know how to handle its fighters these days

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I've always felt that, other than being a 2D fighter at the dawn of 3D, the parry system was one of the things that put people off SF3 at the time. Whilst it looks great as a head to head mechanic and is tactical, I think as most play it in single player it just made the CPU feel cheap whenever it happened whether fairly or unfairly.
                          Admittedly, one thing which was nicer about the Focus system in IV to the parry system in III was that it could be employed by people who just don't have the reflexes for parries. I first to played Street Fighter III and Soul Calibur in my mid-teens, both of which had strong parry systems, and I was good at them. In Soul Calibur especially, I had a group of friends who I played them with, and that game actually puts up "BURST COMBO x" when you're going parry-parry-parry - and in our house it wasn't uncommon for us to have fights were we'd get up to x16-20. I remember parrying a (admittedly poorly employed) Denjin Hadoken at a small tournament once to flip a match and honestly the feeling is amazing.

But now I'm in my 30s, and I've accepted I just don't have those reflexes anymore. I'm out of practice, admittedly, but I know from games in general that I could never be like that again.

But the Focus System was really good, because the time window it creates made up for that, while offering a similar experience. And I loved the metagame of how some things "break armour", or have 2 hits which breaks the focus.

Comment

Looking at the latest Devil May Cry and Resident Evil games, SF 4 and 5 had a consciously terrible art style. The fifth game had some lovely use of colours in a few stages, but their character designs peaked with Sf2 and zero / alpha. SF 2 still has some of the most memorable music to feature in any game series.

Comment

Honestly the style of Street Fighter IV grew on me; but I disliked how V seemed to be a refinement of it. I like how 2, 3, Alpha (and contemporary Marvel) series, Capcom Vs SNK and IV all have very different looks to them.

Comment

Street Fighter Alpha 4 - visuals shaded like Guilty Gear Xrd

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X