This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    And a 4K One and you can't see the difference?
    I have to sit within two meters of my 55" screen before I can tell the difference between 1440p upscaled and 2160p native. Watching/playing at that space is obviously great.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I have to sit within two meters of my 55" screen before I can tell the difference between 1440p upscaled and 2160p native. Watching/playing at that space is obviously great.
      Might as well use a composite lead if you are gaming from more than 2 meters away...

Comment

Yeah there isn't much difference between those but it is there... I just doubt many would care if the game itself was great.

1440p can look amazing. End of story.

Comment

I think in most cases higher frame rate is more beneficial for gaming then resolution. It offers smoother gaming and less hand/eye delay. That's really what you need for gaming.
          The opersite is true for films. Look how weird the 60fps Hobbit films looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Ignore my 2k monitor, that has nothing to do with anything and I don’t know why you asked about it.
            You brought up 2k. I just said I could see a difference between a BluRay film to a UHD Bluray and gave a couple of examples. For games, I can see a big difference from playing The Division on the Xbox S to the Xbox X. The only area I don't see a huge benefit for 4K is when watching F1 on the Sky Q. I can really see the difference in footy in 4K, not so much for F1.

But when it comes to games and films I love 4K and HDR and never want to go back to 1080p (insert UI joke here)

Comment

We sit about 5ft away. I can see the difference quite easy more so when you compare or go back to playing the One S (which I'm currently just testing on the same TV before I sell it to help pay for the Series X) Mind you, what also helped to really make it a game-changer was going to OLED

The likes of Star Wars Battlefield 2 just look utterly incredible on Oled on the One X

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                The ANZ Xbox account is teasing something for the 9th November...

It wouldn't be that news worthy when New Zealand is the first country to hit the launch date so it's probably just a launch day event... But, Gabe Newell is currently stuck in NZ (and indeed just filed for NZ citizenship) due to covid lockdown and he was seen on a Teams meeting with MS just yesterday.

Probably nothing... Or who knows what else is being cooked up.
                Sounds like this might be an announcement of a new MS first party studio based in NZ? ... Looks like there will be an announcement on the 29th.

Comment

Half life 3 Xbox exclusive

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Half life 3 Xbox exclusive
                    Haha... No.

The rumour mill is going nuts though:

- Half-Life Alyx with Valve VR support announced
                    - Steam App on Xbox to run all your Steam back catalogue
                    - Left 4 Dead 3 exclusive to Xbox

Place your bets now please...

Comment

Just heard Raiden Fighters Aces for a UK series x release!

Comment

Finally!

Comment

I bet none of them. Valve couldn't give a rats ass about consoles, Series X/S is the last format Alyx would come to as well. The Left 4 Dead 3 announcement is about the most credible option being on the basis of it being focused on PC first and foremost but realistically I think it's nothing more than promoting the launch of the system with no unrelated announcements.

Comment

Yeah it's probably none of them and just a launch event... Will find out soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              I bet none of them. Valve couldn't give a rats ass about consoles, .
                              ? The Orange Box collection was superb on Xbox 360 - Valve clearly spent a lot of time getting that right for consoles. There hasn't been anything else since then on consoles because other than HL Alyx (VR Exclusive) they haven't done anything for PC either.

Comment

Orange Box was a weird one, Valve put decent effort into it partially to ensure the 360 version was done well (fair enough considering it didn't really require too much being a compilation more than anything else) but let the PS3 version be outsourced to EA. Valve also murdered the post-life support as well, not keeping TF2 updated in line with the PC version.

Looking at their entire software line all the way back till possibly Portal 2, maybe more so Left 4 Dead 2 - DOTA2, Artifact, Alyx... consoles don't really factor into Valve's movements beyond the decision on whether a port happens. Even more so killing any chance of anything Alyx related but I'd dare say that even if Valve did appear with an announcement for the Series S/X launch... it probably wouldn't prove all that important to the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X