X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks.

Comment

Yeah it's ridiculous. They are supposed to be rolling out a browser-based solution though. It's how Amazon Luma got around the Apple restrictions.

Comment

Hopefully soon then. I have a lovely new iPad Air to take advantage of xcloud.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          I know MS is heavily invested in VR and AR in the PC space, but not for gaming, not for Xbox.
          but not for gaming????? you don't have a clue what your on about, WTF is the HP reverb for then???

I don't know how much clearer i can be its a "WINDOWS MIXED REALITY VR HEADSET" co developed by MICROSOFT and VALVE to seamless work with STEAM VR and Microsoft windows mixed reality store.

There actively developing headsets for gaming thorough the WMR Brand and partnering with VALVE for seamless Steam support. its like saying Valve isn't investing in the VR gaming market despite them launching the Valve index headset and half life Alyx
          Last edited by Lebowski; 22-10-2020, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Yeah it's ridiculous. They are supposed to be rolling out a browser-based solution though. It's how Amazon Luma got around the Apple restrictions.
            Apple are removing Stadium, which is the browser based app for Stadia... I wouldn't hold your breathe for a MS Cloud browser just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              but not for gaming????? you don't have a clue what your on about, WTF is the HP reverb for then if not a gaming Vr headset made by microsoft???

I don't know how much clearer i can be its a "WINDOWS MIXED REALITY VR HEADSET" co developed by MICROSOFT and VALVE to seamless work with STEAM VR and Microsoft windows mixed reality store.

There actively developing headsets for gaming thorough the WMR Brand and partnering with VALVE for seamless Steam support. its like saying Valve isn't invested in the VR market with its Valve index headset and half life Alyx
              I said, not for gaming, not for Xbox. Is this device for Xbox?

Take half my sentence as a quote and then sure... I am clearly know nothing because I mention gaming and the HP Reverb would be for Steam VR and PC. All I was saying is currently there isn't anything for Xbox...

Comment

It will deffo be weird if they don't have VR on the next Xboxes. If a PS4 has enough power then these new machines must have too.

Comment

It's not a question of power, more one of viability.

Whilst the PSVR numbers look good, it's still only 4.4% of the user base (with any luck Sony will progress on this with PS5 and continue to build those numbers). On PC, VR users account for 2% of the user base.

I suspect it'll come and that MRVR will be the direction it heads in on Xbox Series X, but only once the spreadsheets look a bit better.

The biggest issue with getting people onboard with VR is that looking at screenshots or videos doesn't show you how different the experience is, you have to actually experience it to understand how transformative it can be.

Comment

I said, not for gaming, not for Xbox. Is this device for Xbox?

Take half my sentence as a quote and then sure... I am clearly know nothing because I mention gaming and the HP Reverb would be for Steam VR and PC. All I was saying is currently there isn't anything for Xbox...
                    not for gaming, not for Xbox is what you said which is two statements. and reads like your saying Microsoft don't make vr for gaming and Microsoft don't make VR for Xbox

reading these last few pages is very frustrating as its not just you that seems to think Microsoft have no experience in vr but quite a few others when in fact their on their second generation of PC headsets. Bearing that in mind Its not a massive leap to think that they wouldn't actively be looking at bringing a VR headset to Xbox.

we laugh about Kinect but that device was a massive success for microsoft and sold 10 million units in its first 6 months on the xbox 360 so its not like Microsoft don't know how to launch new tech for existing systems.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 22-10-2020, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      not for gaming, not for Xbox is what you said which is two statements. and reads like your saying Microsoft don't make vr for gaming and Microsoft don't make VR for Xbox

reading these last few pages is very frustrating as its not just you that seems to think Microsoft have no experience in vr but quite a few others when in fact their on their second generation of PC headsets. Bearing that in mind Its not a massive leap to think that they wouldn't actively be looking if bringing a VR headset to Xbox is viable.

we laugh about Kinect but that device was a massive success for microsoft and sold 10 million units on the xbox 360 so its not like Microsoft don't know how to launch new tech for existing systems.
                      I meant it as one full statement... as to say they don't do gaming, specifically xbox. It doesn't matter anyway I absolutely get what you're saying and you're right, MS is heavily involved in all areas external to the Xbox ecosystem.

It's a shame they don't do something because with Game Pass retaining all of their 1st party titles the entrance fee to sample a wide selection of games is one of the hurdles to getting uptake in the hardware. I can imagine if Forza Horizon 4 got VR included on Series S/X only it would be great because no-one has to rush out to buy it, just include a 1-month game pass code in the box with the VR headset.

Comment

Btw... Rainbow Six Siege just dropped into Game Pass with all year 1-2 operators unlocked (deluxe edition?)

Comment

References to Xbox Scarlett VR have surfaced in Microsoft Flight Simulator, suggesting the company has toyed with support across its new console family.

The plot thickens...

Comment

Definitely a test. You can bet someone has hooked up a headset with a seriesX in the lab.

Comment

But plans can always change as VR adoption continues to scale, with a recent September Steam hardware survey suggesting ownership sits around 24.93% on PC
                              Yeah, I'm not convinced by the accuracy of Windows Central's reporting.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 22-10-2020, 13:15.

Comment

25% adoption, man alive Definitely a decimal missing there

Comment

Working...
                                X