Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still say the psp had the best launch line up.
    Darkstalkers
    Lumines
    Metal gear acid
    Ridge racer
    Wipeout

Plus all the ports and stuff. Bit of everything. Sony's never done it since.

Comment

To add..

It's not just the launch line up. Tbh, as I thought about it more yesterday, there are very few decent launch line ups.

But previous gens felt like they were bringing more to the table. More potential, more excitement. This just seems like current gen plus more shiny.

And current gen, especially after the sublime 360 / PS3 era, is / was weak.

Xbone - 8th gen (apparently)

So for me...

Xbone X - 8.25 gen
      Xbone Series X - 8.5 gen

or similar. A shiny turd is still a turd.
      Last edited by wheelaa; 02-11-2020, 13:27. Reason: Always spell shiny wrong...

Comment

PS1 launched with Ridge Racer, that alone allows that launch to eclipse the Switch and Series X/S launches
        Saturn Virtua Fighter so ditto
        PS2 is admittedly a close run... still preferrable though to some of the next-gen line ups
        Dreamcast... meh, same story as PS2
        Mega Drive... ditto

All 5 systems were poor but even i those cases you could argue not quite to the extent of current gen especially given these 5 systems are also singling out that the focus is on one region for each and also individual platforms compared to the entire generational slate. It's potentially even more damning that the current launches aim to be global efforts and yet years of advanced planning clearly hasn't involved software as a key focus. Through whatever prism the software provided for launch for these new machines is a dire effort.

Comment

I mean if I'd had been an Xbox user this gen, then getting a next-gen Xbox may seem a bit meh to me after seeing what's dropping in terms of next-gen gaming at launch. However, I am very lucky to have missed out on current-gen Xbox and then some. So, with GamePass I am going to be like a kid in a sweetshop. Plus, I've been envious of Phantasy Star Online 2 which I will be able to play. Then a week later, I will have the small treat of my PS5 arriving wth Demon's Souls and Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. Injecting next-gen.

Comment

It's a kid in a candy store regardless with Game Pass. I think if you were a current Xbox gamer and bought games digitally you're in for a treat...

Plus of course there are games hitting day one and going into game pass. So sure Gears Tactics isn't really an exclusive as it's been on PC already and it'll play on current hardware as well... It's the fact it's dropping day one for free that makes it an enticing candy store.

Then Tetris Effect: Connected is also in game pass day one... It's a pity the Falconeer isn't, but I'm inclined to grab that anyway.

Then you've got EA play entering day one as well, which will only give you the back catalogue in the vault and the usual 10 hour trials of new games, but that's still a lot of choice for new adopters.

So yeah, sparse enough on exclusives specific to the hardware but there's still a tonne of content around the launch.

Comment

Missing the entire XBO era and then getting into Game Pass probably will rank as one of the best day one experiences had

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                It's a kid in a candy store regardless with Game Pass. I think if you were a current Xbox gamer and bought games digitally you're in for a treat...

Plus of course there are games hitting day one and going into game pass. So sure Gears Tactics isn't really an exclusive as it's been on PC already and it'll play on current hardware as well... It's the fact it's dropping day one for free that makes it an enticing candy store.

Then Tetris Effect: Connected is also in game pass day one... It's a pity the Falconeer isn't, but I'm inclined to grab that anyway.

Then you've got EA play entering day one as well, which will only give you the back catalogue in the vault and the usual 10 hour trials of new games, but that's still a lot of choice for new adopters.

So yeah, sparse enough on exclusives specific to the hardware but there's still a tonne of content around the launch.
                Cool. Didn't know Tetris Connected was day one on Game Pass. Awesome!

Comment

Guys, is this Xbox One? It looks phenomenal? Ah could be PC?

Comment

After I sold my One X, I played FH4 on my laptop in 4K and was shocked by how much clearer it looked.

Comment

Yeah it's PC but then I think it's looks mighty fine on the One X running in performance mode (60fps with dynamic resolution) and it should be hitting 4K60 all day on the Series X.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Guys, is this Xbox One? It looks phenomenal? Ah could be PC?
                        Given it's a Logitech G29, it's on PC. G29 is PS4/PC, the Xbox version of the wheel is the G920 (no reason the wheels can't work on all of them other than the stupid lockout chips that prevent it).

Comment

Yep, followed the link way through and thats the game running on a GTX1080ti. Milk it too, there's plenty to enjoy in it content wise and I think it's sometime in 2022 that it'll be delisted

Comment

1 week...

Comment

I think it does...the X Box controller is now the universal standard even Nintendo copied it, the original DUKE goes with the PS5 behemoth...instead haha!

Comment

This issue we lead with Wired Productions – with its first-ever console launch title in The Falconeer, and with Martha is Dead following on soon after, Wired Productions is ready to come into the next gen swinging. We talk to managing director Leo Zullo to find out more. This month’s regional spotlight looks at the region of Skåne and its capital of Malmö. The games industry in the old port town, and the surrounding region, has seen huge growth in recent years, and now has a development community and supporting infrastructure that’s second to none.

The Worlds's Most Powerful Games Console

Comment

Working...
                                X