Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-orders cancelled, as I suspected I would.

Will let this new gen bed in for a few months before I splurge. Hopefully in that time some games worth playing will emerge.

Right now, the game offering is abysmal. Ooh, slightly shinier versions of existing garbage, with a sprinking of new that looks to be garbage, no thanks.

Can't recall ever being so unimpressed and unenthused for a console launch. Tbh I probably looked forward to the Gamate launch more.

Comment

So true. Im getting a Series S to use as an Xbox One.

Im still impressed by the PS4 tbh. So in that sense I'm itching to see the enhancements!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post

Can't recall ever being so unimpressed and unenthused for a console launch.

Presumably you missed the PS2 launch then?

Comment

I did. (Near the end of post grad, ensconced in student lifestyle and debt.)

It was awful.

So is this.

Comment

Sony's launches have never been very good. This is probably one of the better ones and that's saying something.

Comment

I'd really like Demon's Souls for myself, and Astro Bot and Spidey for the boy.

It's not that bad, really. I'm generally hard to please.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Presumably you missed the PS2 launch then?
                Indeed or the Mega Drive, Dreamcast or Saturn launches in Japan too. In fact, the Mega Drive launch software was pretty dire and didn't even look any better than what a PC Engine could handle.

I will say the Series X is a crap launch line up for the fact there isn't one dictated game to showcase the new Hardware really. I don't care for numbers but even VF on the Saturn or VF3 on the DC was showing off next gen graphics not possible on the previous gen .
                At least SONY got a couple of games that show off next gen graphics as well as the cross gen titles

Comment

I don't think the Series X launch offerings are terrible but it's obviously missing one massive key title... You can't magic up a backup for something as big as Halo Infinite even in a good year.

That said I am keen to give Gears Tactics a whirl and I think I may crumble and pick up the Falconeer because it looks great and as a one man dev indie title I like to support talent...

Comment

I can't wait and booked a week off work for it all ..There is no custom game made to show off the Hardware. Killzone 4 was utter crap, I didn't mind too much as it showed off the graphics of the new Hardware, MS have nothing like that

Comment

Falconeer is going to be on Game Pass.

Comment

Switch
                        1-2 Switch
                        Super Bomberman R
                        Snipperclips

Playstation 5
                        Astro's Playroom
                        Bugsnax
                        Demon's Souls
                        Godfall

Xbox Series S/X
                        Bright Memory 1.0
                        Enlisted

When you cut the current gen and multiplatform games being used to prop up the new systems it paints the real picture that across the board this gen is without rival in terms of how weak and unprepared the console makers have been on new content for launch

Comment

Surely the pandemic has caused issues with things being ready for launch this month? Consoles always take a while to get going properly so at least there’s the backwards compatibility stuff to tide us over. I’d imagine a lot of people have a backlog to work through anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                            Falconeer is going to be on Game Pass.
                            It's not mate... It was an error in reporting. It's £24.99 at launch.

Comment

There's potential that maybe Sony planned for Ratchet to be out at launch, a bit like how Medium was supposed to be at launch of S/X too. Otherwise things never stood a chance of being launch games and both were leaning hard on cross-gen in their plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Switch
                                1-2 Switch
                                Super Bomberman R
                                Snipperclips

Playstation 5
                                Astro's Playroom
                                Bugsnax
                                Demon's Souls
                                Godfall

Xbox Series S/X
                                Bright Memory 1.0
                                Enlisted

When you cut the current gen and multiplatform games being used to prop up the new systems it paints the real picture that across the board this gen is without rival in terms of how weak and unprepared the console makers have been on new content for launch
                                Remind me again the line up for the Japanese launches of the Mega Drive, Saturn, PS, Dreamcast, PS 2

Comment

Working...
                                X