Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble is now everyone is playing FH5 the servers can't cope - it keeps disconnecting me and when it does, it makes the car come to a complete halt and puts up a dialog box on the screen saying it's disconnected.

Who thought that was a good idea?

Comment

Everyone that keeps saying always online is fine in basically all games now buy them anyway.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-11-2021, 06:58.

Comment

FH5 isn't always online. You want to play it offline online you absolutely can.

However, all Game Pass games require an online connection to Xbox Live, if that goes down none of them work, but in this case it's the Forza servers being a problem, not Xbox Live, which was halting the car momentarily as it transitioned to offline mode, like a parking brake, forcing you to accelerate away again. Nothing locks up, it just applies the brakes.

In fact, one reason you might want to play in offline mode is for the accessibility reasons - there's the option within these features when running offline to slow the game speed down, it can be set between 40-100%
        Last edited by MartyG; 05-11-2021, 22:23.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CraigHutchings.

Forza Horizon 5 just stunning

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Trouble is now everyone is playing FH5 the servers can't cope - it keeps disconnecting me and when it does, it makes the car come to a complete halt and puts up a dialog box on the screen saying it's disconnected.

Who thought that was a good idea?
            Yeah this is annoying and it actually never did this in FH3/FH4 ... You'd disconnect but without it grinding you to a halt. I'm sure there'll be a patch by the time it officially launches on the 9th.

I've been mostly playing offline but the annoyance there is the drivitar AI drivers don't turn into ghosts like online players do so they tend to get in the way.

Comment

Talking of accessibility I see they've added options to have a real sign language interpreter pop up on cutscenes which is amazing.

Comment

A quick tip for anyone playing using the premium bundle... Seems you get a house token to buy any house for free. I noticed that out near the Baja area on the south west coast there's one house for a cool 2m credits which when bought unlocks the free drive ability to pick anywhere on the map and warp there.

So save your token for that house and you'll instantly improve quick navigation to events if you can't be bothered driving everywhere, or warping to the nearest horizon outpost.

I've unlocked about 480 of the 570+ roads now. The map is an absolute marvel. Seems to have a biome from each of the past iterations and I'm still finding new stuff. It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  FH5 isn't always online. You want to play it offline online you absolutely can.

However, all Game Pass games require an online connection to Xbox Live, if that goes down none of them work, but in this case it's the Forza servers being a problem, not Xbox Live, which was halting the car momentarily as it transitioned to offline mode, like a parking brake, forcing you to accelerate away again. Nothing locks up, it just applies the brakes.

In fact, one reason you might want to play in offline mode is for the accessibility reasons - there's the option within these features when running offline to slow the game speed down, it can be set between 40-100%
                  Everyone knows this with gamepass. Internet or servers go off game goes off.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                    https://imgur.com/gallery/uNQClxk

Forza Horizon 5 just stunning
                    You know you don't have to take photos of your TV, right?

Last edited by MartyG; 06-11-2021, 10:26.

Comment

For those progressing in the Horizon Wilds story, did the 2nd item “el Camino” actually unlock any new event? Nothing new appeared on the map when I selected it?

Comment

Looking at all the exclusives out this gen I'd probably consider FH5 to be the only real system seller.

Comment

Is it really that different to 4? Any proper crash damage in 5? The biggest immersion spoiler in this series, is that all vehicles are basically just reskinned battering rams that go at different speeds. Does look graphically nice though.

Comment

Cosmetic only, but anything else would render the game unplayable. It's typical Forza Horizon, you race cars in an open world - not sure what else you'd expect from it really.

Comment

Yeah it's an silly arcade racer with decent handling physics. I don't think you'd want it ramped up to realistic...

It is nice graphically but I think the most noticeable upgrade for me is the ground terrain and detail. Up near the volcano you'll be knocking away larger rubble from the track edges as you go and even in the lower ground sections there's more undulating track and boulder's.

That added to the verticality makes FH4 feel very flat in comparison.

It isn't all that new if you've played FH4 but there is a definite air of refinement and fidelity in this one across all areas.

I also like the way they've taken the unlock system from the lego DLC and wrapped most of the progression around it here. It's called accolades and basically for every discipline there's different achievements to unlock and some specific ones at the top end.

It just feels a lot more focused and streamlined compared to how bloated FH4 felt.

The amount on the map is still a barrage on the senses but I'm doing my usual thing of turning off everything except a specific discipline and doing each one in turn.

What I will say given my play time so far is a) Im curious as to what DLC they will bring and b) I think as high a peak as this has reached any sequel can do with a complete restructuring of campaign content. This is deserving of the review scores but it is still from the same mould.

Comment

24hrs now Put into this just messing around with it found every road and 12 barn finds
                                starting to get into it now properly doing more races and story events
                                One thing I’ve noticed wasn’t sure if it happens in FH4 but in the town with the tunnels in free roam if you knock the lamppost down it goes dark

my map currently looks like a piƱata’s been smashed over it so many things to do but in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X