Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should note you can buy the DLC expansion packs and the VIP stuff in smaller individual pieces as well.

There is just a cost saving to buying this premium bundle pack and it's the only way to gain early access. This is effectively the same as buying the premium game over the standard edition... but is made for those who have game pass already.

Comment

i think the only troubling issue with the Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership is the inclusion that all Races provide double the Credit rewards so unless you stump up for this your credit earning potentials is essentially halved. it essentially introduces a pay to win element to proceedings a non vip player has to work twice as hard for the same rewards and will progress through the game at half the speed.

it would be interesting to see how the credits are tuned? is the Vip the real experience here and are the non vip unlocks painfully slow?

Comment

The DLC pack isn't bad value, the DLCs for Forza are aways worthwhile (maybe not the VIP pack), so the cost isn't bad - I'm just never keen on the idea of paying for early access, no matter how it's wrapped up and doubly so for a game you don't own.

Comment

It looks incredible. And while I’m not a fan of the Horizon series personally I’m happy Xbox has another big hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            tbh, as amazing as playing it for free via Game Pass is it effectively cements FH5 will be the first one I'll never play the DLC for. I'm not buying DLC for subscription based games
            It isn't a subscription based game though is it. It isn't exclusively in game pass... it's one option of access. You can still buy it separately if you want standalone.

The DLC is completely optional.

Early access is included here if you go premium and buy everything up front. Whether that's buying the premium standalone title or just playing in game pass and tacking on the premium bundle.

VIP is an odd one. This game is so chill and easy to earn credit in I would argue it isn't required and it's tuned just fine without it. Yes being VIP lessens the grind (if there even is one) but this isn't anything new. They've had it this way since Forza Horizon 2 if I recall correctly.

I've also just been gifted about 6-8 top notch cars, one for every previous Forza title I've played. Even without that I'd have easily 10 cars at my disposal after an hour of playing the game.

Basically I think if you just dropped a months game pass and played the base version you wouldn't feel like you were struggling to unlock anything. Just play and enjoy.

The game is unbelievably beautiful anyway. I'm amazed how much of a step up it is over FH4 both in graphics and audio, but also handling.

Comment

First few hrs with it already can’t wait to get back at it later
              looks fantastic running in performance mode locked at 60fps didn’t notice much difference in graphics mode running at 30fps so think I’ll stick with performance
              didnt realise that Vip gave double credits that’s why I racked up a million pretty quickly
              map is huge I tried to drive round the full edge of it yeah leave that for another day (game crashed back to dash)
              did a few races they’ve included the trailblazer Events from horizon 4 dlc Which is pretty cool if you enjoyed those events
              also I like how you can keep track of all cars via a menu now, what you have and need for complete a collection currently at 500 plus can’t remember the exact total

absoulty Love it’s, it’s Forza afterall and you know what your getting only bigger and better

Comment

I wonder if having so many cars thrown at you takes away the motivation to play to a certain degree.

If you have 13 different Ferraris in your garage that have about 3mph difference, what's to motivate you getting the 14th?

I get the Drift Pack is a different style of driving and that's cool to have different types of race, but the hypercars all blend into one after a while for me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  If you have 13 different Ferraris in your garage that have about 3mph difference, what's to motivate you getting the 14th?
                  Because Gotta Catch 'em All.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    It isn't a subscription based game though is it. It isn't exclusively in game pass... it's one option of access. You can still buy it separately if you want standalone.

The DLC is completely optional.

Early access is included here if you go premium and buy everything up front. Whether that's buying the premium standalone title or just playing in game pass and tacking on the premium bundle.

VIP is an odd one. This game is so chill and easy to earn credit in I would argue it isn't required and it's tuned just fine without it. Yes being VIP lessens the grind (if there even is one) but this isn't anything new. They've had it this way since Forza Horizon 2 if I recall correctly.

I've also just been gifted about 6-8 top notch cars, one for every previous Forza title I've played. Even without that I'd have easily 10 cars at my disposal after an hour of playing the game.

Basically I think if you just dropped a months game pass and played the base version you wouldn't feel like you were struggling to unlock anything. Just play and enjoy.

The game is unbelievably beautiful anyway. I'm amazed how much of a step up it is over FH4 both in graphics and audio, but also handling.
                    It's not a subscription game but it is on a subscription service. It almost amazes me given the pricing of GP that anyone would consider buying the game anymore but by virtue that the base game doesn't need to be bought I'm also much less inclined to buy DLC for a game I'll he gated to as a byproduct. Effectively I'm happy to play the game without being snared by a running sub to access it post-completion. I'd rather lay down the £30-£40 toward another game. With MS previously granting access to the game when it's delisted that would change things but as it's not a given it can't be relied on. Likewise, I know it sounds like a skinny decision but hell, this is the ecosystem MS made and promotes so works for me

Quick aside - ultimately it was made with XBO in mind too so with Series X Quality mode at 4K30fps we can finally put the 4K60fps dream to bed for another generation

Comment

Blimey! Those are some great scores for FH5!!

As an aside, I "bought" the LEGO DLC for FH4 but by using those bloomin' MS Reward points from doing the tedious surveys etc.

Comment

Yes this is running on the existing engine cross gen but seriously playing this in performance I'd say it's pretty close to 4K60 with maybe some effects or draw distance manipulation. I tried quality mode and it's stunning but for me 60fps is necessary.

There's also a rumour that with Turn 10 building and entirely new engine for Forza Motorsport this is the last iteration of Horizon running on this engine. The next in the series is apparently going to switch to the new engine and drop support for last gen.

Honestly though, playing this right now I would say cross gen isn't holding this back. It's absolutely stonking gorgeous.

Comment

I'd imagine that's the case regarding the engine, FM8 in the brief bit we've seen looks like the visual step up the series needs so that applied to Horizon 6 could be special

Comment

All the tech analysis you'd ever need, plus I just saw on twitter they've rolled out Dolby Vision support today.

Comment

Have you been upto copper canyon? Wow just wow

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              Yes this is running on the existing engine cross gen but seriously playing this in performance I'd say it's pretty close to 4K60 with maybe some effects or draw distance manipulation. I tried quality mode and it's stunning but for me 60fps is necessary.

There's also a rumour that with Turn 10 building and entirely new engine for Forza Motorsport this is the last iteration of Horizon running on this engine. The next in the series is apparently going to switch to the new engine and drop support for last gen.

Honestly though, playing this right now I would say cross gen isn't holding this back. It's absolutely stonking gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
                                Have you been upto copper canyon? Wow just wow
                                Where's that on the map? I spent a good few hours hooning around but wasnt really paying too much attention to names of locations!
                                Last edited by nonny; 05-11-2021, 06:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X