X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect we'll at least end up agreeing about Battlefield

Comment

I'm enjoying playing BF2042 as well - there was a time when people used to post in first play about how they were enjoying games too.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        I'll just continue to enjoy playing games rather than moaning about them.
        I feel like you've fatally misunderstood the nature of this forum.

Comment

No, there was a time when there was a lot of excitement about games and importing and new consoles, but it gets tiring seeing the amount of negativity sometimes. Or I'm just having a bad day today

Prime example is the Steam Deck thread, what's on the horizon is a powerful handheld gaming rig with brand new AMD tech in it that's going to play that vast majority of people's Steam libraries - it's an exciting product about to be released, but instead it's filled with "it's a game gear" (it isn't), "it'll be past it in 12 months" (it won't) - "It's too heavy to use" (it isn't) - "It won't play game XXX" etc etc etc. And this is before it's even out for people to have a go with.
          Last edited by MartyG; 18-11-2021, 13:49.

Comment

Hehe, I was being lighthearted. Yep, too much negativity sometimes. I'm as guilty of it as anyone.

Comment

If no-one else does I'll start a first play on 2042 next week, hoping to get plenty play on it over the weekend to get a better gauge of it

I'm 'On Deck' too, even if I opted not to get one the machine is clearly an amazing prospect. The sheer prospect of having recent years major modern games on the go at all is practically witchcraft

Comment

I think it's easy to see negative comments. I try to offer a bit of a balance, like saying I liked Halos lighting. But if people think they game could look better, they are fine to voice their opinion.
                I come here because I feel there is a balance... More than some forums.

Comment

I've never played Killzone so I can't comment on the games performance but seriously those screenshots don't do Halo justice. In motion it is incredibly fluid but then it is running at a locked 60fps or 120fps of your TV can handle it.

Killzone looks very pretty for it's time but clearly it made sacrifices in performance to improve the visuals. I'm assuming the campaign ran at 30fps?

Side note, I see its £8 on sale... is it worth picking up to play on PS5? I'm assuming it didn't get any improvements for PS5?

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm loving Halo Infinite and that includes how it looks...

Comment

Oh and battle pass progression is getting a few tweaks by the end of the week...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      I've never played Killzone so I can't comment on the games performance but seriously those screenshots don't do Halo justice. In motion it is incredibly fluid but then it is running at a locked 60fps or 120fps of your TV can handle it.

Killzone looks very pretty for it's time but clearly it made sacrifices in performance to improve the visuals. I'm assuming the campaign ran at 30fps?

Side note, I see its £8 on sale... is it worth picking up to play on PS5? I'm assuming it didn't get any improvements for PS5?

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm loving Halo Infinite and that includes how it looks...
                      Only a locked 60fps however its held up really well, I went through it this year for the first time and it looks great still, definitely an underrated title.

Comment

It's a decent game yes and worth picking up , first game I purchased on PS4 at launch. Campaign is 1080P native at 30 FPS and "up to" 60 on PS5. Multiplayer, although claimed to be native 1080P (i.e, 1920x1080) wasn't - it halved the horizontal resolution so is 960x1080 at 60 FPS, dipping down below that occasionally.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 18-11-2021, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Only a locked 60fps however its held up really well, I went through it this year for the first time and it looks great still, definitely an underrated title.
                          Sorry is the campaign 30fps or 60fps playing on PS5? I only ask because these days 30fps feels crap but if it's still decent I'll give it a shot at £7.99

Edit: Found my answer, locked 60fps... bought it. Cheers guys.
                          Last edited by nonny; 18-11-2021, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            No, there was a time when there was a lot of excitement about games and importing and new consoles, but it gets tiring seeing the amount of negativity sometimes. Or I'm just having a bad day today

Prime example is the Steam Deck thread, what's on the horizon is a powerful handheld gaming rig with brand new AMD tech in it that's going to play that vast majority of people's Steam libraries - it's an exciting product about to be released, but instead it's filled with "it's a game gear" (it isn't), "it'll be past it in 12 months" (it won't) - "It's too heavy to use" (it isn't) - "It won't play game XXX" etc etc etc. And this is before it's even out for people to have a go with.

I think its fair game if someone points out that the new killer app from x studio isn't blowing the roof off the xbox graphically. It's not endless negativity here though, the Hype around Forza over the last few weeks in this thread has been a real buzz, it was interesting to read how many people paid a premium to get it early too even though it was dropping on game-pass a week later.

Comment

Is Halo not a jaw-dropping stunner because it's got to run on XBone HW too?

I get that the game will be designed to scale but surely not that much?

Comment

Sorry is the campaign 30fps or 60fps playing on PS5? I only ask because these days 30fps feels crap but if it's still decent I'll give it a shot at £7.99

Edit: Found my answer, locked 60fps... bought it. Cheers guys.
                                Yep its definitely locked 60fps on Ps5, it runs around 50fps on a ps4 pro with dips in heavy scenes.

This site is useful for the Ps5 side, im sure theres one the same for Xbox.
                                Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) news, discussion and technical details including performance, resolution & frame rate on PlayStation 5 (PS5)

Comment

Working...
                                X