No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's doubly galling when you look in Smyth's Toys and Battlefield 2042 is £54.99 on Xbox (Smart Delivery) and £64.99 on PS5 only.

Comment

It's all BS and Sony needs to be careful of finding themselves back in the situation where they were when PS3 launched. Even at the top of the game it's very easy to burn your userbases good will toward you and Sony should be very wary of looking like they're taking advantage of their users which is exactly what the upgrade system/£70 price tag is doing. There's zero reason for that pricing, or any really much north of £50 and it's not even a closed secret. As this generation goes on and competition drives prices down to more normal levels as it always does, they need to be careful that this is the hill they want to make a stand on.

Comment

Sony should have been smart and said all their first party games will be £50. It'd make them look like the good guys instead.

Comment

Problem they have there stuck between rising costs and MS bringing the overall value per unit down on a daily basis. They need to keep things profitable while constantly investing in new tech and games plus deal with rising costs around them. MS can simply afford to keep making a loss on the xbox division until the competition is off the board.

That said, they need to handle these things much clearer, the messaging is rubbish in this particular subject.

Edit. Digital code in the big “collectors” edition is outrageous, do we collect digital codes now?
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-09-2021, 09:02.

Comment

For me the rising development costs argument Sony uses is shot down due to the numbers they sell and the swing they've enjoyed towars digital software sales. They've largely cut out the middle man and enjoy a much higher revenue on sales than they used to so the pricing they're using reeks of wanting their cake and eatinf it too. The only reason I still roll with it is due to the resale angle where a £70 can usually be done in 10-12 hrs and sold on for £45 or so which heavily reduces the cost per title impact. Paying that much for digital is a no, if it's something I want to replay I'll do it via sale down the line. I do enjoy each PS system but I've no problem on this issue calling Sony out as outright liars.

Comment

Thing is, with Horizon FW, where else can you play it. They have you by the balls. I know I'll play the **** out of it, but for £70? Not sure.

Comment

Speculation that the PlayStation Showcase might see the debut reveal of InFamous 4

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.gamesradar.com/new-infam...tion-showcase/
                  Speculation that the PlayStation Showcase might see the debut reveal of InFamous 4
                  Oh, hell yes!!!

Comment

Personally would rather a new ip in between the next GoT but Infamous will do nicely.

Comment

Never touched Infamous, was it really that good? Not baiting here just honestly asking as I don't think it would be a series I'd bring up when discussing Sony's triple A output.

Good to see Sony reverse the decision and even drop the $10 upgrade fee for HFW... Yet in the same statement mention that fee will remain for GoW and GT when they release.

I mean it's good news but I can't help but feel they did the bare minimum here. Still feels to me like they're turning the screw on the pricing without much care.

Maybe the future of PS5 showcase will just be a static image saying "£80 games"...

Comment

Solid 7/10’s across the board the Infamous series. Good games. Second Son running On PS5 looks particularly great considering its a PS4 launch game, lots of extra bells and whistles.

Comment

Ive yet to pay £70 for a disk game on PS5 yeah that's retail but, due to competition in the retail sector most new release can be got for £60 it still sucks because last gen most new PS4 release where £40-45 depending on preoder offers so its like this £70 rrp is a massive jump as nobody paid £60 retail for ps4 or xbox one games.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Solid 7/10’s across the board the Infamous series. Good games. Second Son running On PS5 looks particularly great considering its a PS4 launch game, lots of extra bells and whistles.
                          That's a but mean Metacritc infamous 1 2 and 3 at an 8.5-10 the Edge magazine scores dragging them down to below a nine they don't get on with open world stuff didn't they famously give GTA3 a really low score then said it was an error when everyone else but them raved about it.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 07-09-2021, 09:34.

Comment

For InFamous, they're fun enough but really a new one is only worthwhile if they go all out. They erred too close to the Ubisoft format with the parkour and collectables etc, I'd like something that goes all out on the superhero concept

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Ive yet to pay £70 for a disk game on PS5 yeah that's retail but, due to competition in the retail sector most new release can be got for £60 it still sucks because last gen most new PS4 release where £40-45 depending on preoder offers so its like this £70 rrp is a massive jump as nobody paid £60 retail for ps4 or xbox one games.

That's a but mean Metacritc infamous 1 2 and 3 at an 8.5-10 the Edge magazine scores dragging them down to below a nine they don't get on with open world stuff didn't they famously give GTA3 a really low score then said it was an error when everyone else but them raved about it.
                              Well it pays to be savvy in a market where the RRP is that high but the reality is in comparison it's £10 higher than the direct competition and people can be equally market savvy over there.

As for InFamous, I'd prefer a new IP or another that isn't another 3rd person solo outing. I'd actually like to see a new Drive Club more than anything, the PS5 doesn't have anything that competes with Forza Horizon. Doesn't even need to be open world, just a solid arcade racer.

Comment

Drive Club Team is no more its tarred with the stench of failure too as it was a flop, so i doubt we will see a new one. Sony should partner with Namco again and get a New Next gen Ridge Racer, the PSP and Vita outings where great and far to long ago now.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                For InFamous, they're fun enough but really a new one is only worthwhile if they go all out. They erred too close to the Ubisoft format with the parkour and collectables etc, I'd like something that goes all out on the superhero concept
                                They had more in common with Crackdown and Spiderman than AC as they where always about energy and movement, riding the electrical cables boosting up the side of buildings and the electric super powers where really fun you got super badass by the end game too thanks to a fun leveling system.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 07-09-2021, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X