No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamers Nexus have their video up on the differences between the temperatures of the revised PS5 and launch model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWuGA8cExo

The TLDW: It's not significant enough to worry about. SoC higher, VRMs lower, memory about the same and it doesn't impact performance.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Gamers Nexus have their video up on the differences between the temperatures of the revised PS5 and launch model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWuGA8cExo

The TLDW: It's not significant enough to worry about. SoC higher, VRMs lower, memory about the same and it doesn't impact performance.
      It's almost as if Sony know what they're doing...

Comment

I've never known such a minor revision get so much attention. People are looking for a reason for Sony to fail I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I've never known such a minor revision get so much attention. People are looking for a reason for Sony to fail I think.
          Yeah, that exactly the impression I got from GM and DF's videos.

Comment

The PS5 coils aren’t the only things whining

Mind you, it’s not a typical console refresh where the chips have been updated or something.
            Last edited by randombs; 17-09-2021, 00:44.

Comment

Its just a revision, one that doesn’t actually make any difference either way in practical terms, so everyone can move on now.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Its just a revision, one that doesn’t actually make any difference either way in practical terms, so everyone can move on now.
                But Sony bad right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  But Sony bad right?
                  Oh obviously, Sony are just the devil, i mean you only have to look at all their anti consumer practices of charging people for goods as 100% proof of their ANTI CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR.

Did i do that right? or does the sentence need more anti consumer?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Oh obviously, Sony are just the devil, i mean you only have to look at all their anti consumer practices of charging people for goods as 100% proof of their ANTI CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR.

Did i do that right? or does the sentence need more anti consumer?
                    You mean I have to BUY games?? Next you'll tell me I have to play them with my hands!

Comment

If Sony don’t start giving away all their games we should all boycott, or at the very least a gamepass equivalent for £1 a year. Its the least they can do, i mean I thought about buying one of their games once so that entitles me to free stuff.

Comment

Sony have. Created such a crap way of adding storage compared to the series x , I suppose the only good thing is you can put bigger storage on in it
                        I now have a firecuda 530 in it at a cost of £235. Thanks Sony and thats only 1Tb

Comment

I think there are positives and negatives to both approaches to storage to be fair.

With the Sony approach you've got the possibility of prices on standard PC parts dropping more rapidly and more options, with MS' approach you're more locked in to the proprietary option(s) but equally you just know its going to work as it's plug and play, plus its transportable if you want to ferry games between consoles etc...

I've seen prices on the 1TB xbox cards drop to around £150 now which is pretty reasonable considering the RRP is still £220... on the Sony side of things if look like if you're savvy you can get the same sort of saving.

Horses for courses really...

The only real negative I would lay against Sony is its taken them almost a year to get the update out. We've had storage options day one on Xbox including supporting all USB storage and ability to copy Series' compatible games to external for storage. Sony just seems to be slowly trickle feeding these sorts of updates over the months... where is VRR for instance?

So if anything they could definitely accelerate the roll out of expected features.

Comment

I think re-rolling the same OS has worked in MS’s favour in this instance as all they had to do was tac on SeriesX to the current OS, rather than the complete re-do that Sony did, hence why loads of features were missing from the software at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              Sony have. Created such a crap way of adding storage compared to the series x , I suppose the only good thing is you can put bigger storage on in it
                              I now have a firecuda 530 in it at a cost of £235. Thanks Sony and thats only 1Tb
                              WD black SN850 is same spec and only £140 i posted it a few pages back its what im using.

The Microsoft approach is a complete con as the drive their supplying isn't technically a Gen4 drive as it has read speeds of 2.4gB/s compared to the drive you bought above which has read speeds of 7.3GBS a comparable non propriety drive with a 2.4gbs read speed is around £70-100 not the £240 rrp that Microsoft launched their drive at, or the 150 It currently is.

Last edited by Lebowski; 17-09-2021, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                WD black SN850 is same spec and only £140 i posted it a few pages back its what im using.

The Microsoft approach is a complete con as the drive their supplying isn't technically a Gen4 drive as it has read speeds of 2.4B/s compared to the drive you bought above which has read speeds of 7.3GBS a comparable non propriety drive with a 2.4gbs is around £70-100 not the £240 rrp that Microsoft launched their drive, or the 150 It currently is.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Blue-SN5...IVE_OR_STORAGE
                                Ah year thats a good point, the seagate SeriesX card isn’t a gen4, so going do it yourself actually works out much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X