Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Metroid trailer was hilarious. Pans round into what looks like a fairly average looking fps, then goes into 2d. Obviously on purpose just to annoy people wanting a new prime.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      The Metroid trailer was hilarious. Pans round into what looks like a fairly average looking fps, then goes into 2d. Obviously on purpose just to annoy people wanting a new prime.
      Still good PR to get what is essentially a follow-up to the generally well-received Samus Returns out on Switch, if only to temporarily shut up the "WhErE iS mEtRoId PrImE 4????1111????" crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        The most shocking thing about the Direct? I'm totally picking up Cruis'n Blast
        Ignore legendary IP that fans are begging to be revived like F-Zero, Punch-Out!!, Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080⁰ etc.

Bring back obscure IP that generally flopped like Cruis'n.

The Nintendo Way.

Comment

Nintendo won E3 there. Metroid and Advance Wars. Let's gooooooooo (as the cool kids say).

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Ignore legendary IP that fans are begging to be revived like F-Zero, Punch-Out!!, Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080⁰ etc.

Bring back obscure IP that generally flopped like Cruis'n.

The Nintendo Way.
            Why on earth would Nintendo spend the money to make a new Wave Race or F-Zero when they can port an existing arcade game from 2017?

Cruis'n Blast looks like a laff. I might pick it up but to be honest, those Raw Thrills games are pretty janky.

Comment

Haha I will be laughing my milk holes off next time I'm in haven holiday arcades and there's kids paying to play that cruisin game. I will have the arcade in my bumbag. Just feeling dead cool and that.

Comment

Not feeling Advance Wars tbh, it looks so much better on GBA. Would have killed for a brand new game in the series.

Project Zero, Mario Rabids, BOTW2, Cruis'n Blast, Warioware, Mario Party and SMT V all look good though. Plenty to look forward to on top of everything that's already come this year that I haven't got round to playing.

Comment

So, the Presentation... was it good? Nah, was it enough... kinda. After roughly a year of sheer drought I at least have one or two things I'd go through even if nothing is too exciting.

Fatal Frame: I know it's not a decent one but I've never done it so maybe though it's confirmed for PS, XB and PC too. At first I got excited thinking they were finally remaking and translating the fourth game but I should have known WiiU porting was always Switch's forte.

Mario Party Superstars: A twelfth entry was always a given, somewhat surprised they're dipping back into the N64 era entries though - not sure the joycon can take that hammering. A pass though.

Warioware: Get it Together: Never have and never will understand the appeal of these games. Pass.

Advance Wars 1+2: It was almost laugh out loud funny to see Nintendo actually is getting to the point of porting or redoing Wii/DS generation titles now that they've run out WiiU titles to port, such is their desperate avoidance to sorting out their software pipeline. It's been a long time though so I'd be happy to revisit this.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Shoulder shrug. I can see why fans would be happy but my eyes are so insanely tired of the sight of JRPGs. Pass.

The Legend of Zelda BOTW2: Still looks borderline like DLC. It was mostly nice to see they're clearly trying to make it stand apart from the previous game but it still looks far from a OOT/MM situation so remains the least interesting Zelda sequel till further notice.

Metroid Dread: Initially it was just nice to see them acknowledge Prime 4 as an active project. Switches vapourware has been becoming more interesting than its line up and with Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, the speculated Mario team project all MIA I wasn't sure what to expect. It doesn't look visually styled that traditional but I'm kind of into it. The game looks good too, it was easily their standout of the show.

The way they talked has be thinking BOTW2 is aiming for late 2022 and still risks falling back further. I now have 3-4 maybe titles in the coming year which is an improvement. It's not a stellar line up but what is anymore?

Comment

Buy Cruis'n Blast and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

The page is up fro Cruisn' Blast. Most interestingly the arcade game features 5 tracks whilst the console version is touting having just shy of 30

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Why on earth would Nintendo spend the money to make a new Wave Race or F-Zero when they can port an existing arcade game from 2017?

Comment

The number of people saying they want to play that Project Zero worries me. Honestly, it's one of the worst games I played all of last gen. It harkens back to a level of badness we don't often get these days from full price releases. For some reason I played it to completion and honestly I have no idea why. Probably because I spent sixty quid on it.

Still, at least you won't get tired arms from holding your Wii pad up at the screen every 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          *snip*
                          TL;DR: You'll just resume crying about Era and how nobody except you can see that the Switch is an actual flop despite it continuing to print money!

Comment

seems nintendo japan has updated their site there's now an official page for the zelda game & watch
                            「ゲーム&ウオッチ」でゼルダの伝説が遊べる『ゲーム&ウオッチ ゼルダの伝説』の公式サイトです。

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              seems nintendo japan has updated their site there's now an official page for the zelda game & watch
                              https://www.nintendo.co.jp/hardware/...lda/index.html
                              Best Buy have it up for pre-order in the US.

Hurry up. You don't wanna miss out!

Comment

want a jp one thanks i'll wait for amazon to see if they bundle something fun with their edition like the previous one

Comment

Working...
                                X