X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushihimesama is available in the eShop now. WORLDWIDE 😆😆

Comment

WHAT! Have they done to my beloved Advance Wars! I feel nauseous.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        WHAT! Have they done to my beloved Advance Wars! I feel nauseous.
        Oh just stop it.

It looks fine. The spirit and vibe of the OGs are clearly there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Oh just stop it.

It really doesn't, not to me anyway. The cleaned-up 2D character art crossed with the chunky vehicle models looks really jarring. It's a strange mix. I don't think it has the charm of the pixel art which presented a more unified aesthetic.

Comment

Any info if the animated portraits in AW are done in house or outsource? They look very WayForward-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              It really doesn't, not to me anyway. The cleaned-up 2D character art crossed with the chunky vehicle models looks really jarring. It's a strange mix. I don't think it has the charm of the pixel art which presented a more unified aesthetic.
              Don't agree with you one iota. It really does.

Unless one is blind, it clearly screamed Advance Wars the moment it popped up on the Direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Oh just stop it.

No it looks like its been done by the cbeebies reject artist.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  No it looks like its been done by the cbeebies reject artist.
                  LMAO.

You know full damn well that this isn't the case, ffs!

Comment

Well, I agree it is recognizable as an Advance Wars game. It has recognizable Advance Wars game elements. But that's a slightly different issue.

Comment

Games are now remastered old games, a few compiled if you are lucky!

Comment

I think it looks lush. Especially the map screens. I don't know how they could have made it look any better, to be honest. Some great audio from what we've heard so far, too.

The pixel art on the originals is peerless and only gets better with age. So it's kind of unfair comparing those to pretty much anything else, really.

Maybe if this shifts a few units they'll treat us to a new game.

Comment

BOTW2, Advance Wars, Fatal Frame... I honestly don't know how people cope without the continued lack of Switch Pro reveal to showcase these cutting edge system pushing releases that clearly need... nay, demand the raw power of a more powerful system!

Comment

meh next gen has meant nothing to me so far, i have yet to see anything that even remotely approaches jaw dropping enough for me to cough up the cash for a next gen machine. I'll happily take low powered fun games over cutting edge stuff.

Comment

The most shocking thing about the Direct? I'm totally picking up Cruis'n Blast

Comment

Advance Wars looked amazing.

It might even convince me to pick up a Switch Pro so I can play it in 4K on the big TV in the lounge.

Comment

Working...
                                X