No announcement yet.

Nintendo Switch: Thread 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princess Peach: Showtime! demo has dropped.

Comment

Comment

I've been playing Switch games on the PC via Yuzu, because they play better on PC than they do on Switch. Nice stable 60 FPS on Breath of the Wild at 4K? Thank you very much.

Comment

Here Comes A New Challenger!!

There’s soon to be a new Nintendo Switch emulator on the block in the form of Suyu which is based on Yuzu’s open source code and aims to deliver a similar experience for emulation enthusiasts.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-03-2024, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            I've been playing Switch games on the PC via Yuzu, because they play better on PC than they do on Switch. Nice stable 60 FPS on Breath of the Wild at 4K? Thank you very much.
            How have you found the experience? I generally don’t emulate modern systems but it sounds appealing.

I have a Switch OLED and a Steam Deck but for the chance of trialing some games before I buy or play some completed games at 60FPS? Sign me up!

Comment

On my PC it's great, but it's fairly high-end so I can push the render quite far. There's not a noticeable difference on Super Mario Wonder, but TotK is far better emulated than native Switch. I don't have Pokemon on Switch so I haven't tried it, but I'd imagine that's another one that would be more stable on my rig.

Comment

I've got a switch oled and a steam deck oled. Generally I'll grab the emulator version of titles just for convenience of taking one device with me.

I've found most 2D stuff on steam deck works perfectly. Super Mario Wonder for instance is a 1:1 match once the shaders have loaded.

Other games like Zelda TotK don't run as good in some situations but it's so close now that if you didn't have them side by side you wouldn't notice.

It's a shame Yuzu shutdown but the whole switch emulation space on steam deck is generally excellent at this point.

Comment

Digest:
                  Nintendo take down one place to download a switch emulator, leaving gamers with just 400 other places to get it.
                  No doubt a mario or Zelda game has come and has been successful.
                  The analogue sticks on Switch still drift and Nintendo doesn't care.

Comment

So, Mameda no Bakeru, the recent Goemon-esque game from Good-Feel?

Turns out it's been fan translated already. Here is a thread on GBA Temp discussing the status of this work. To be clear, this is absolutely a "you're on your own" situation - I have no idea about patching, what you could run it on, etc - but this is the first example I've seen in a long time of something this new having been worked on by the community like this.

Comment

A new (old) emulator rises. Love the name lol.

Comment

I'm back in the Switch thread! After almost two years of my kids having stolen my Switch, I finally bought myself a new one. Looking forward to catching up on what I missed, like Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I'm back in the Switch thread! After almost two years of my kids having stolen my Switch, I finally bought myself a new one. Looking forward to catching up on what I missed, like Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Wonder.
                          News just in, Switch2 being released next week and all switches discounted to £99.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

News just in, Switch2 being released next week and all switches discounted to £99.
                            Would not remotely surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Wonder is superb, really came as a nice surprise late last year. TOTK is great too. Plenty to get your teeth into!

Comment

Oh man, it's good to be back on a Switch! The OLED model is lovely. I complain a lot about Nintendo's account system but I got this set up in several minutes and that's a huge positive. I still need to sort the primary system thing but, in just a few minutes more, I had downloaded a bunch of my saves from my previous Switch too.

Tried Mario Wonder. I initially got painful flashbacks to the NSMB series and I have to admit I'm not a fan of the elephant design but it very quickly won me over. Seems like a lot of fun. I also got Theatrhythm Final Bar Line because Curtain Call was my most played 3DS game. And I'll likely start Tears of the Kingdom over the long weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X