Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post

This is what I am on about:
    Apple is officially dropping iPhone support for web apps in the EU - The Verge

Apple are just playing dirty.​
    You can’t have a walled garden that’s secure AND have it open plus have it your all your own way as well, pick a side and stick to it, you can’t have both states existing at the same time.

No, i don’t want to use your payment method instead, no i don’t want to go to your website thats most likely set up just to steal data and sell it on, and no i don’t want to sign up to your App Store either, epic and the like can all F off onto their own hardware and software if thats what they want.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-02-2024, 13:51.

Comment

I’m glad they’re talking about new hardware. Their developers have long squeezed absolutely everything they can out of the existing Series X. It’s long overdue an update.

Just imagine what Bethesda could do with 3080-like specs. Imagine twelve games a year coming out, each with worlds to the scale of CP2077’s Night City, but with much better graphics and tons more content.

They’re definitely on the right track here. Who isn’t excited!?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
        For example if I could run Windows 11 on an xbox and run games like on xbox console without faffing around like on pc, that could be an instant buy as I get the best of both worlds.
        That sounds like the worst of all worlds. I’d rather just stick to my disgustingly overpowered PC which has Steam, as well as the ability to run mod managers with my favourite games. Unless you fancy work email or blocked malware notifications appearing over your games while you’re on this ‘console’?

I’m surprised anyone even remotely in the know would be contemplating any new hardware from them the way they’ve handled things so far this gen. “Exclusives don’t matter”, while buying up every developer they can, only to squander the talent because… as long as they’re not making games for the competition it’s also good business… **** ‘em. I’m avoiding their software as much as I am their hardware, not that that’s very difficult considering the pickings.

Comment

They said they didn't want to ruin the already planned announcements for those titles, which I think is fair... so don't think this is incompetence. They're letting those teams release the official information when they're ready.
          I don’t think the “we don’t want to steal their moment” argument works. Clearly they stole the moment with yesterday’s announcement.

Comment

The console wars are over, Bluey the videogame coming to game pass soon...

Comment

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/02/...ve-2-announce/

The console wars are over, Bluey the videogame coming to game pass soon...
              a bluey, you say?

Comment

Boltgun I've wanted to play for a bit, everything else this month is trash

Comment

Comment

Some more maps added to Halo Infinite Firefight. Had fun on three of the four I have played so far. Cliffhanger was poor though. I like to hang in the hills, and kill from there, gets the most score ie career XP. A couple of Cliffhanger hills have little to no lines of sight of the enemies, so it's hill or kills, but not both.

Overall, I think it's a fun iteration of FF.

Comment

Microsoft is reportedly preparing to launch a new white, digital-only version of its top-end Xbox Series X console in "…

A report that the redundant Xbox Series X revision will now launch in white instead of black and will release in June or July

Comment

redundant?

Comment

lol i think he means redesign

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://www.eurogamer.net/digital-on...july-this-year
                            A report that the redundant Xbox Series X revision will now launch in white instead of black and will release in June or July
                            Well, that's it. Next gen I'm moving away from Xbox. I don't care for digital only as I've been burnt too many times by no longer having access to stuff I legally bought.

Comment

Oh I mean redundant
                              The improvements they've made will mean nothing to no-one whilst the removal of the disc drive just cements the end of physical support on the platform. Meanwhile they're keeping the same RRP as the existing version of the X so there's nothing of meaning for consumers here. Adding in that the heavily reduced prices late last year for the X didn't help the system, this is dead on arrival. It does raise questions again though about the promise to make the next Xbox as powerful as they can - it will have to be at the upper end of the price spectrum. When you can't sell them on the cheap who at MS thinks that doubling down is going to end well?
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 24-02-2024, 10:41.

Comment

Where have we been told there will no longer be a Series X with a disc drive?

Comment

Working...
                                X