No announcement yet.

PlayStation 5: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A State of Play for May is speculated where the release date of Silent Hill 2 Remake would be announced. If late May it would sync up with the usual run of presentations as SGF is on 07 June

Comment

KOTOR remake still alive and in development says Sabre head, I mean I’m happy about this, all fingers pointed to dead as a doornob.

Comment

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-04-2024, 09:38.

Comment

Tweet is broken?

Comment

Used the wrong tag

C-Smash is getting a non-VR release

Comment

Ah, year saw this yesterday, cant say i was enamoured by cosmic smash on the dreamcast back in the day, definitely something that needed a new audience though.

Comment

Probably my favourite DC game after Crazy Taxoid.

Comment

Looking forward to giving C-Smash a bash

Comment

I like C-Smash on PSVR2 and can see it being a fun diversion in flat mode. It doesn’t have the effortless cool of the original but you can the team behind it are big fans and have done good ideas.

Comment

Tried the demo for Stellar Blade, it's alright but definitely over priced at £70. After all the Nier comparisons I expected the gameplay to have more 'flow' but it's a bit more rigid than I'd expected. Once the intro is out of the way the visuals feel like they take a step down, it's most likely the setting more than anything else and from that angle and the soundtrack I can get the comparisons more. The combat is much more 1v1 based and very parry orientated, by the time the final boss comes up I'd settled into the games own flow and came away feeling like the full game has a decent shot at being pretty decent... but likely when the price drops.

Comment

Saw a guy playing the demo of Stellar Blade and it looked more like Bayonetta than anything to me. I'll give it a go but not at 70 notes!

Comment

For those short on time = No

Comment

Ray Tracing and 4k shouldn’t be a thing on consoles full stop until the next gen come out, even then they will most likely struggle i expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Saw a guy playing the demo of Stellar Blade and it looked more like Bayonetta than anything to me. I'll give it a go but not at 70 notes!
                              I played the demo of Stella Blade last night, and it feels like a cross between Bayonetta Nier and a soul like, theirs a heavy reliance on timing with an almost rock paper scissor style dance with enemies, centred around perfecting its enemies special attacks 4​ which are colour coded and require you to dodge block or perfect dodge or perfect parry to counter, it's a bit more friendly than the above games as it has a number of things that help you get to grips with the timing and moves you need to master, you can turn on action prompts to help you get the timing right which flashes up the button prompt at the perfect time. it has a story based difficulty that makes things a bit easier too. It all feels top tier, from the soundtrack to the graphics and level design to the interesting and unique enemies you're fighting, Day one purchase for me, The fan service is a bit over the top but hey Nier and Bayonetta had that too, and it didn't hurt them

It's a pretty meaty demo too, you get to play the opening section which lets you fight a number of enemies traverse some of the level, and fight a boss, which you can carry on from when you get the full game. When you've done that it gives you a new mode called Boss Rush that gives you a mid game build and lets you fight a boss from the middle of the game, it kicked my arse a few times before I got his pattern down, Theirs vids of people on youtube doing no damage runs of him already, which is well past my skill level.

digital foundry look at Stella Blade and its looking good​

Last edited by Lebowski; 10-04-2024, 11:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X