Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else unhappy with the 3d Sonic games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you wouldn't make me laugh much, I'm of a similar opinion on Sonic Adventure, quite simply (for me) one of the best games ever made. Not up to marios standards for level of polish, but it's still a beautifully crafted and well rounded game in it's own right.

Comment

Some of the music in SA reminded me of daytime chatshow music.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
        you Not up to marios standards for level of polish, but it's still a beautifully crafted and well rounded game in it's own right.

No not in terms of Polish has Mario 64 in near perfect in every way and still features the best 3D camera system there is. But overall and as game I enjoyed and like Sonic Adv most out of any 3D platfrom game .
        I still play the game now , and while I love Rayman II and Mario 64 , I've just simply had a better time with Sonic Adv , I just love the roller coaster - corkscrew like parts on Windy Valley .

I just wish the Jet Set Radio Team could make the next Sonix with full cell shading , and more of the Roller coaster like tracks found in JSRF

Comment

sonic adventures i enjoyed alot ....only grip i had with it was it was one of the first console games i played where i encountered bugs

Comment

Ive been following sonic since his first debut.
            I own every sonic game on every platform.

When sonic went 3d (dreamcast not the mega drive crap) it was a great move, That game was great and really cool to play. They lost it after sonic 2 on DC. Now its all rubbish and extremelly dissapointing. If only i could be a game tester for it. And please be done with this RPG ****e they have included in the 360 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I just love the roller coaster - corkscrew like parts on Windy Valley.
              They key there is getting down those sections without jamming on a rail with BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRRRRRRRR!!!!! and then clipping through to oblivion death.

The camera completely spazzes out on those parts meaning you lose nearly all control (similar to the only flawed section of my 3rd favourite game of all time - NiGHTS - where you get plastered onto those metal mesh plates that zoom around a rail). Those sections could have been so much smoother instead of turning out to be seemingly uninteractive cutscenes.

Saying that I do have a lot of time for Sonic Adventure 1, but I put that mainly down to freshly imported console nostalgia. Some of the ideas were magnificent, although not fully carried out as they were obviously intended, which to me is a massive shame as it could have quite easily been up there with Mario64 given another 6-8 months graft.

---

I still have faith in Sonic Team yet. Phantasy Star Universe is something I really resent not having time for as that just oozes classic ST goodness that has all but been forgotten - and I well wish I could go back to the beta period when we had around 10-12 NTSC regulars on it each night, that was awesome and probably my favourite phase of online gaming to this day. Let's just hope NiGHTS 2 doesn't turn out to be utter bell-wank. Although I'm one of the people that will be severely pissed if it turns out to be "8/10 really good!", that's not good enough!
              Last edited by dataDave; 14-08-2007, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by chis View Post
                The antidote to all your pains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zTck26MN4
                The demo is available, and it's quite cool.

Comment

A sequel to Sonic Riders was announced today. Guess Sega have decided to keep driving a nail in the franchises coffin for another year

Comment

Originally posted by dogen View Post
                    The demo is available, and it's quite cool.

http://www.williamg.plus.com/SXGWEBSITE/download.htm
                    Cheers I was looking for this.

Comment

That is absloutly brilliant, talanted bunch of guys there.

Comment

There have been quite a few decent fanmade Sonic games in the last couple of years. Sonic 2 Delta and Sonic 1 Megamix spring to mind.

I loved the 2D games games and still do. I think they got better as they went along, with Sonic CD and S3&K being my personal favourites. I agree with everyone that says they'd welcome a return to the 2D days as everything 3D post SA1 has been beyond terrible. I'd like to see Sonic Rush on a much larger scale (someone suggested a Klonoa like appearance, which would be perfect) personally, as I really enjoyed that and to a lesser extend also like the Sonic Adventure series on the GBA.

Hell, I even liked Knuckles Chaotix and wished they'd included that one of the Sonic Collections Okay, just me? I get that a lot

Comment

Working...
                        X