No announcement yet.

Initial D: Arcade Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking at the Internet ranking over at Segarosso, so many registered drivers! I hope the PS2 version will be compatible with the Internet ranking system.

Here some Initial D stuff I have found on the net.

Initial D Cards

Initial D Arcade flyer

Initial D RC car poster

Initial D Plastic Models

Comment

The B and C spec trim is faster initially.

But by choosing the Project D stock setting A, there is far better improvement later on. With B & C you will walk the first few stages easily but later on it will be a battle as the upgrades aren't so significant.

For proper balance and maximum performance upgrades later on, you should choose option A.

Comment

Initial D has been my fave anime for ages.
        Does the arcade stage use real driving technique? (as in shifting down and sliping your clutch to slide?).
        And if it does will the home version be able to capture this?Because most steering wheels dont even have real gears the most ive ever seen is like a up and down stick.
        Kaido battle looks really good also is that the game where you can get picked up by scouts?

*EDIT* for all my swearing.

Comment

There is no clutch and the gear shifting is only sequential - think more Ridge Racer than Ferrari F355.

Comment

Damn it they could have atleast the choice to do it fully manual.
            Im not as exited about it now

Comment

Originally posted by moosedeer
              ah but you see if that was the case then it would be too real.
              a lot of people will try to race using real life methods - get thrashed by the AI and then not play it again due to the difficulty

and it's just a game, if you really want to race then find yourself some mountain courses and some racing gangs

Comment

I was having this talk with some one the other day there just is no mountains in england.
                Well theres no mountain passes any way....
                How the hell do you slide then?
                Is it just like let go of gas, brake and then straight back to gas like in most console games?

Comment

Originally posted by moosedeer
                  When you go to the arcade and have to wait 1 hour to get on the game cos a huge crew of GIRLS are rinsing the game - you realise that Sega's Initial D design is a success!

Comment

it's more oversteering that anything else really. you can't quite get the full drift like Takumi does on the Anime because the game does work like that
                    (ie you slide but you dont drift because your tail end doesnt enter the turn first)

do you guys have to have long waits to get on the game?
                    at my local it's basically populated by us young uns and to give an example last saturday after work I popped down and amnaged to spend 25 quid on one session without anyone needing to tell me i was hoggin it because no one was there.
                    Ah how i love how Glasgow's games culture is non existant

Comment

I so need one of these when the PS2 version hits in June.

Comment

Ah just beat Takumi on akina!
                        shame the TRS guys are such pushovers
                        driving on AT as well

you guys play time trial or just legend of the street?

Comment

Good job mate! By the way, what are you driving?

I tend to play both Time Attack and Legend of the Street, although far more Time Attack rather than Legend. Legend gives more points per race, but only if you can beat your opponent, so it's a bit of a gamble (I now only race Takumi on Happogahara inbound and Bunta on Akina downhill). I like using time attack to hone my skills though, as it gives you a better indication of were you're doing well or badly and whether you're improving or not (which you ought to be, as your car is tuned more and more). Plus, it doesn't confuse you with distractions such as slower car boost or aggressive opponents who drive you off the road (hang your head in shame, Bunta!)

Now that I've got my Happo in and Akina down to consistently quick times, I might use Legends more until I reach full tune though.

Incidentally, today was quite a good haul down Goodge Street. on just ?3, I took my Akina downhill time down by a second to 3'06" flat, beat my Happo inbound time twice to a very low 2'40" (although some cheeky git has moved the AE86 record down to 2'36"! Just as I was about to grab that one, too!) and beat Bunta without being overtaken too. A good day indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs
                            I appear to be the only person in Bournemouth putting money in it, so I try to spend at least a tenner a week in an attempt to keep it there.
                            I was away all last week with work. I stayed in Wool, about 15-20mins drive from Bournemouth.

And you lot didn't think to tell me they had an Initial D there?

Bufties.

Comment

Oh Boy!

Driver Name : Midge
                              Drives:

Mazda RX-7 Type R [FD3S]. Yellow, MT
                              Fully Finished Customization (Type 2 I Think)
                              All Stages Complete

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII. Red, MT
                              Fully Finished Customization (Type 3 I Think)
                              All Stages Complete

There is a local lot of us that all play it who all met thru just hanging about the machine waiting for a go! What version you guys playing on? The one here (Isle Of Man) is Version 1, so you can't use the "secret" car. Because its not exactly a huge games community there i rarely have to wait to play on it, as all the big players all know each other now (about 8 names on the leaderboards)

I should start writing my codes down, but i look like a geek already nevermind pulling a pen and paper out every two minutes for a 16 letter code

*midge

PS- 1st post from an "edge" slag! w00t!

Comment

I drive a RX-7 Efini III AT
                                I got some stick from some people for picking AT but the skill level here's not that high and hopefully I'll just get better by cncentrating more on the road and less on the gear stick.

Just need to beat Keisuke (KT according to stupid Tokyopop names) then I'll be onto the Fujiwaras

Yeah I know waht you mean about the aggressive driving!! if it was real then pfffffffftt!!

I think most of the ones that are cropping up are the Ver 1. ones
                                will be a while till we get ver 2.

took us like 2 years to finally change the DDR machine

Comment

Working...
                                X