*Official* iPod thread - all iPod discussion in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh right.

Since having a big iPod for years now I've just got used to carrying the whole collection. I don't think I could ever pick and choose now.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
      Yup, I have 11.7gb free at the moment and I've got more than enough choice of music on there
      Blimey, you need to buy some more music. I have over 60gb of MP3s...

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
        Blimey, you need to buy some more music. I have over 60gb of MP3s...
        'Buy'?

Comment

I have dvds and cds of mp3s going way before Winamp was a twinkle in it's creators eyes. I just don't really listen to the older stuff, and there's only really 2 or 3 artists who I will listen to all of their albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
            'Buy'?
            How else are you going to get it?

Comment

Remarkable question!

Anyway...anyone got any ideas why the 1UP video podcast will not download in iTunes for me, no matter what I do or when I try it, it will not work!!

Comment

Sounds an odd one. Got no problems with it here. Take it you're just subscribed via iTunes as normal? I think someone over in the 1up thread was having issues with it as well.

Comment

Everyone's hoarding digital music and barely listening to it these days. Nothing wrong with having a smaller collection!

Got myself an iPhone (unlocked it and now it's on O2 PAYG). Lovely device - the actual unit is remarkably solid feeling.

Highlights:

Screen quality for videos.
                  Fantastic browser.
                  The YouTube application.
                  Fun tactile iPod interface.
                  Intelligent keyboard correction.
                  The ease of installing third party stuff (installer.app).

Not so good:

The camera has one option: take a photo.
                  Lack of Flash support for the browser.

Comment

Good luck with that once they start forcing firmware updates to interface with iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                      Good luck with that once they start forcing firmware updates to interface with iTunes.
                      then you use another media manager like winamp..... non updating ftw

Comment

First posting via my Touch. Simply amazing device and the interface is as revolutionary as has been claimed. Can't wait to pick up an iPhone now.

Comment

I don't believe you can use Winamp to manage iPhone.

Just seems pointless to me to import when you'll doubtless go through difficulties over never being able to update the firmware, and it's out in less than a month here anyway.

Comment

They can't do anything unless the user chooses to update iTunes and/or the phone's firmware.

Originally posted by Randicoot
                            .. it's out in less than a month here anyway.
                            What's to say the ones that come out here will be unlockable? The timeframe is irrelevant if you don't want to pay full price for the phone and get locked in to an 18 month contract.

The whole situation seems reminiscent of the PSP to me. The cat's out of the bag and the hacks will keep on rollin'.

Comment

I don't believe you can use Winamp to manage iPhone.
                              Correctamundo. Apple changed the encryption/format of the catalogue with the latest devices, rendering loads of utilities and media managers useless. Cheers Mr Jobs.

Comment

You'll always get a percentage of people who are willing to wait until a new way has been found to get round the updates, same as with the PSP. I on the other hand, will just buy an iPhone and leave it locked so that I get the benefit of the Apple updates when they're released and don't have to worry about bricking my device. But I can totally understand why some people will want to go down the unlocked route. I'm just lazy and can't be bothered with the hassle involved of unlocking it and keeping on top of what the latest state of play is with the hacks and official updates etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X