No announcement yet.

Pal or NTSC XBox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most have ordered from vg+ but they dont have a preorder for it now must have sold out

www.ncsx.com might get some machines in

i'm going to wait after the launch to see what price and that as ridge 6 is a launch game there in the us as pgr3 and ridge 6 would be sweet to play at christmas

Comment

Yep, VG+ for me

Comment

If Live works on an NTSC machine in the UK, would that mean you could only connect to US servers? People with American Xbox consoles should know.

Really considering getting an American console and selling my UK one when it arrives - no delays for Ridge and DoA4 this way. Plus get to play it over a week early! But Live functionality would make or break it for me.

Comment

I had an interesting problem with Xbox Live on my original machine which is one of the reasons I am going for a UK machine this time around.

Basically I have a US Xbox and set up a live account on it, and I couldn't always get downloadable content. I had instances where I could get it, but it was PAL stuff despite being a US game in the drive....

This might have been a one off, but for ease (and cheapness) I'm going for a UK machine this time. Aside from the odd release date I see little difference between the two. This time around all the connectivity and output is there so no worries.

Comment

i was going to import one but i'm going to buy a uk 360 as i've had a pal xbox and the conversions of games have been really good and hope the 60hz option is included in the 360 or hope its pal 60 as standard

Comment

Pal 60 as an option is in Wod!

I feel exactly the same as you about the Xbox, the UK one is pretty damn good so with the 360 following suit I think things will be fine.

What's interesting though is the article at Eurogamer (where I read that the UK machine has a PAL60 option, they say that the machine has PAL 50 AND PAL 60 options?!

I could be wrong but I'm wondering if it has a physical option for PAL 50 as well as 60 by selecting 60 you get everything in 60 regardless?

Perhaps as the machine can upscale etc in progessive scan perhaps it can choose it's on resolution too? Sort of making it more PC like where all games run as standard and it's up to you how you run in, in what resolution etc?

I could be way off, but it's interesting all the same.

The machine could of course default to PAL50 and have the PAL60 option, just Eurogamer worded it funny?!

Comment

i wish they would remove the pal 50hz option as when i had live i couldn't believe there was people playing in 50hz on burnout and other games

when it set to pal 60hz then it will stay that way until you change the option

Comment

I agree, 50hz should go.

I think though even with things set to PAL60 some games (only a few mind you) ran in PAL50 regardless....

I really hope this isn't the case with the 360!

Comment

alot of people don't even know the difference that PAL 60 makes. To most people its just another option....what does it do?......they just don't know.

Xbox 360 has widescreen enabled by default (you have to switch it to 4:3 if thats what you really wanna use) maybe the 60hz will be the same? maybe there is some kind of initial setup that tests you tv for 60hz?

Comment

Yeah that would nice!

However it works I'm just pleased it's there!

I just really hope I never ever see something in 50hz running on it - DVD movies excluded :P

Comment

Originally posted by Friction
                        Basically I have a US Xbox and set up a live account on it, and I couldn't always get downloadable content. I had instances where I could get it, but it was PAL stuff despite being a US game in the drive....
                        What game are you talking about ?

Comment

Marcus,
                          Your 50inch Plasma can display 720p with the VGA cable and component cable. it will also take 1080i and scale it to the size of the plasma.

Regards,
                          Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                            What game are you talking about ?
                            Toe Jam and Earl 3

I couldnt get the content kept bringing up PAL content not NTSC so to this day I am still without it! Bit annoying as it was all new characters etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X