Crap RGB out of slimline PS2's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap RGB out of slimline PS2's?

Has anyone with both size PS2's noticed a difference in RGB quality between the 2?

I have a Jpn and Pal chunky's and a slim US into an Argos splitter,and the US one has terrible wavy lines through the picture. Ive used 4 different leads with it now,and have an Ixos one on it at the moment,but still its miles behind the other 2.

Would the slims be more succeptible to interference,for any reason?

mine looks fabulous!!

its a modded natrix infinity slimline silver jobby, and the rgb is as good as it ever was.

maybe its something about the ntsc machines?

Comment

I've got a PAL slimline too (modded for imports) and the quality is exactly the same as the larger one it replaced.

Comment

I thought it would be. Just trying to put a finger on why its so different.

Comment

I find RGB to be somewhat lacking too.
          While it looks nice and all, it I look extremely close at, say, straight lines on a menu, I see some slight dot crawl.

To be fair, I am using a big TV and I'm sitting very close to it, but it's not an issue on the XBox or GameCube.

Comment

No dot-crawl here, using the official ps2 cable.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
              No dot-crawl here, using the official ps2 cable.
              I should probably use the official cable really, just can't find it anywhere but the official Sony page. Nor the PS1 cable =/

Comment

I have a Blaze into my Jpn and was just looking at it and it looks amazing.
                Then turned on the slim US and am considering selling it its so bad,through an Ixos.

May mod the white Jpn one.

Comment

I remember a lot of moaning about the Ixos cable actually... you tried the Blaze with the slimline?

Comment

Have you set the video output of the PS2 to RGB?

Comment

No difference in quality on mine (both are PAL machines - slim one replaced the brick one - with same cables and same switch box etc)

Maybe it's a fault on the PS2?

Comment

Make sure you've got RGB selected in the menu

Comment

Tried eliminating the scart switcher from the equation by plugging the ps2 into the tv directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                            I remember a lot of moaning about the Ixos cable actually... you tried the Blaze with the slimline?
                            Yep. Same.

Ill try it direct next and see what happens,as it really is horrendous.

Comment

I have a JP Slimline PS2 and a US PS2, both use the same official PSone (grey) SCART cable and there is not difference in the RGB quality.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether the video output is set to "RGB" - if it was not, he'd be getting a green screen only.

Luke

Comment

Working...
                              X