No announcement yet.

Crap RGB out of slimline PS2's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definately set to RGB. To be honest, if it was on a CRT, it would be fine. It's just the fact that I'm using an LCD TV, and it's far too big for the distance I sit to it, so all the visual discrepencies caused by using the switcher become visible.

It is only slight anyway, I am making a point of looking for it.

Comment

Is your connecting SCART cable from your TV to the switcher box a cheapo one? Not sure if it would cause dot crawl, but just checking anyway.

The problem I've got, is my screen defaults to 16:9 everytime I switch on my slimline PAL PS2 using RGB through an Argos SCART switcher box. My TV is a Sony 21" 4:3 CRT.

I've not noticed any RGB picture trouble though, and I'm only using a ?5.99 HMV cheap-as-chips one.

Comment

You can get the fully wired RGB Switcher boxes from GAME. They seemed fine with my setup..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0
          You can get the fully wired RGB Switcher boxes from GAME. They seemed fine with my setup..
          Before I heard about the Argos switcher I tried several of the all-in-one units, and they were all ****e!

They caused lines to travel across the screen and gave a generally darker, softer picture - this was more noticeable through my DVD player than my GC and PS2 though.

Comment

I expected that the one I had from GAME woudl be crappy, but it seemed to be fine and dandy..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0
              I expected that the one I had from GAME woudl be crappy, but it seemed to be fine and dandy..
              I am amazed! happy that it works for you mate

Comment

Working...
              X