radiant silvergun - will it depreciate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldskool
    If I am not mistaken it does tell you when you have a weapon upgrade. It just flashes on screen with the words weapon with the score during play, sometimes you won't even notice it since you'll be busy err surviving.
    That's actually something else- a "Weapon" bonus. You can earn them in various ways like keeping the plasma laser locked onto enemies for a certain amount of time, or having X consecutive hits with the spread weapon etc.

There's just so much **** like that to discover in RS, it's untrue.

Comment

my bad learn something everyday

BTW anyone know if the whale/turtle/pheonix bosses are in arcade mode? I don't remember them the last time I first completed Arcade mode.
      Last edited by oldskool; 11-05-2006, 20:50.

Comment

Never actually finished it myself, but I'm pretty sure both modes have exactly the same content.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
          3 red, 3 blue, then 3 yellow is a special chain worth 10000, but yellow enemies are few and far between, so it's not often you get that opportunity. Most enemies are red or blue.

You're better off just sticking to the red ones since they're the most common and ignoring all other colours untill you learn the levels. Unlike Ikaruga, you need to keep the chain the same colour otherwise the chain is broken. Although you can go 3xred, 3xblue, 3xyellow then stay on yellows to keep getting special chains.

If you keep a single-colour chain going long enough, the bonus will eventually be worth 100000pts.
          sorry to keep bumping this, but are you sure about this mate? i might just be a retard or whatever, but i've been playing this most of today (finally finished uni and now have to time to sit on my arse playing games, yay) and whenever i try to get 3red 3blue and 3yellow in a row, it just starts a new chain for each colour and i don't get this bonus you speak of. i'm playing in 'very easy' mode though mind you, (as i'm utter **** at it at the moment) which might change this.. i dunno. i'm managing ok with chaining the red ones but this 3 of each things ****ing my head up a bit.

bren

ps. oohh how many levels are there by the way? i can only get to the fourth one at the moment as my brains not really capable of dealing with this sort of hecticness yet

Comment

My mistake, you only need one of each colour for s a special chain - a red, blue, then yellow should give you 10000pts. You don't need 3 of them like I wrote before.

By 4th level do you mean 3-D? or the actual stage 4?

Stage 2, 3 & 4 have 5 levels each (A-E) and Stage 5 and 6 are just one long boss battle, so about 17. Feels like more than that though since some levels have several set-pieces that are like seperate levels.

Comment

ah right, nice one

by stage 4 i mean the 4th stage in, not the letter after the number, i dunno what the proper number is but if it starts on 2 and goes through sequentially i guess it would be 5

confusing stuff

Comment

Japanpa have a used (mint) copy for ?91.51 (not inc P&P). Hell of a price to pay for an average Shoot em Up, but hey, may as well let people know as someone is always looking for this game.

Comment

Maybe when Radient Silvergun gets emulated near-perfect, It'll go down in price but until then expect to pay high prices if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                    Never actually finished it myself, but I'm pretty sure both modes have exactly the same content.
                    Saturn Mode has additional bosses, is longer, and has an alternative ending.

Comment

Working...
                    X