Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on this?

Comment

Just reading about the delivered busted PS3 reminded me of this one - What happened in the end Phantasmical ?

Comment

I dunno but reading all these threads of duff drives and bricked firmwares is really putting me off importing for the sake of a few months.

Comment

Wise man.

Comment

Sounds like any other next Gen console to me

Comment

Originally posted by mackemansj1
              I dunno but reading all these threads of duff drives and bricked firmwares is really putting me off importing for the sake of a few months.

What both of them so far I've only seen the drive error issue for 2 people and the firmware for one (which is possible not even a fault we dont know yet)

So far it would seem that the failure rate on PS3 out of the box is very low - correct me if I'm wrong. I remeber the 360 being a lot worse than this fopr units failing out of the box!

Obviously time will tell -

Comment

Originally posted by quexex
                What both of them so far I've only seen the drive error issue for 2 people and the firmware for one (which is possible not even a fault we dont know yet)

So far it would seem that the failure rate on PS3 out of the box is very low - correct me if I'm wrong. I remeber the 360 being a lot worse than this fopr units failing out of the box!

Obviously time will tell -
                In context - There were a LOT more 360's out at launch than there have been PS3's.

Comment

true - what were the launch numbers for the 360 worldwide?

Comment

Ive seen alot more than just these few on this forum mate, forums across the net are littered with people who are having problems. Now importing a ?600 console without any warrenty and such makes me nervous as hell.

Comment

i wouldnt put all the blame on sony iv seen how ppl in parcelforce chuck the packages around they have no care

Comment

Yeah but this thread is about firmware bricking the machine that has nowt to do with Parcelfarce or any other courier.

Where is the thread starter ? Saw him on yesterday seems weird he hasn't come back to update.

Comment

i dont know what happend to his ps3 but i cant see anything going wrong with what he did as yesterday i forgot about this thread and left the ps3 downloading the 1.11 update came back like a hour later the screen was just black moved the pad it was waiting for me to hit ok for update as he said he never got to that point i dont know how he could have bricked his firmware?

Comment

btw it doesnt start the update unless you have the pad connected

Comment

Slightly off topic and back to Jammis point. The packaging inside the PS3 box is not transport friendly in my opinion. If you shake the box the PS3 has a lot of lateral movement in there and if handled roughly I reckon parts could be shaken loose no problem ie disc drive failures. I know that is no explanation for the firmware issue but could explain other failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox
                                Slightly off topic and back to Jammis point. The packaging inside the PS3 box is not transport friendly in my opinion. If you shake the box the PS3 has a lot of lateral movement in there and if handled roughly I reckon parts could be shaken loose no problem ie disc drive failures. I know that is no explanation for the firmware issue but could explain other failures.
                                Good post fella, my mom is bringing mine back next week and i called her to ensure she insulates the box as well as package it securely.

Comment

Working...
                                X