This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    Looks like people really need to look into StartPatch's update blocking feature!
    To be fair this is the first time I've switched my Wii to run a new game in about 10 months (still playing 1st gen titles in my household) so I wasn't even aware that there would be issues with updating.

Teaches me for having a hangover & laying in bed when she decided to play the game...if I hadnt I definitely would have read up before updating the Wii.

Bums

Neil

Comment

Can someone tell me how you get to the Startpatch menu? I seem to recall holding Reset, but that just takes me to the system menu and skips BootMii.

Comment

I didn't even know you could access a Startpatch menu! I'd like to know, too...

Comment

You must be thinking of something else. I'm pretty sure you just run it from the Homebrew Channel, it being just an application. I've never done anything else, anyway. You do need to select a compatible IOS when you run the app.

Comment

I think it's Startpatch I'm thinking of. I switched from Preloader to something else a few months ago and seem to recall it having a similar menu. Will check the HBC.

EDIT: Yes, you were right, there's a program. Far preferable to button holdage. Is there a way to tell what you've already installed?

Furthermore, is there a way to tell if preloader is properly uninstalled? I just wonder how thorough I was.
            Last edited by egparadigm; 17-08-2010, 17:14.

Comment

The latest version of Homebrew Channel seems to allow loading from USB, which is very nice indeed. You need to download the 'ios58 installer' to get USB2 support without having to install firmware 4.3 though.

Comment

Coincidentally, I spent last night ripping all my Wii games on to a HDD in a USB caddy via the USB Loader tool. I was happily playing LA Machine Gun off the HDD. Then I rebooted the Wii and after that the USB Loader would no longer find the USB drive.

Any tips? I installed the patched IOS on 56 as per a guide - should I have patched 249?

The loader looks like a lovely tool, with disc and game cover storage and various sorting methods, with the ability to apply ratings and most used.
                Last edited by charlesr; 07-09-2010, 09:17.

Comment

Is your drive formatted as WBFS or FAT32? I found WBFS to be more reliable. I have CIOSx v18 installed to 249 and v20 installed to 250 as using Configurable USB loader you can choose the IOS per game. Metroid Other M needed v20 for example.

Comment

Firstly it was ntfs and pressing format in wbfs would fail every time.
                    I then killed the partition and created a new fat one.
                    I pressed format in wbfs. Within about 2 seconds it said "formatted" or something similar.

Comment

Plug it into your PC and use WBFS manager to view the contents - http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/26808

Comment

Yeah, to format to WBFS they say you need to format the drive as fat32 first if it isn't already. I think it's to do with WBFS being some offshoot of fat32 but I can't remember what the reason is.

Comment

I'll give it a shot. It seemed a bit dodgy how fast it formatted to wbfs though.

Comment

If it's a blank disk that's not surprising. There's nothing to overwrite.

Comment

Hmmm wbfs manager sees everything on it fine (windows 7 doesn't). Still says "no usb device found" in the loader though. I tried the upper usb port in case, but same.
                              Last edited by charlesr; 07-09-2010, 15:08.

Comment

I want to get the USB loadr on. I have a firmware new 4.3 machine though. Got as far as getting homebrew on there then it all went kinda tits up. It still works fine but I couldn't get past the "restore trucha bug" section as it kept crashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X