Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my wii to 4.2j using 4.2 safe updater but then my usb loader wouldn`t work. After that I put in galaxy 2 and it automatically updated the console! I assumed I would be running official nintendo firmware but the homebrew channel still works (no luck with usbloader though).

Any idea if I have official firmware or not? Is it still possible to get usbloader running from where i am??

Comment

Juts turned the Wii on for the first time since last year & I updated the HBC to Ver 1.6 & it gave me the option to isntall Bootmii...what the hell is that???

I didnt install it but I'm intrigured now.

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

I'm on 4.2 and had the same problem with USB loader but did manage to resolve it.
        The easiest way is to download Trucha bug restorer to ensure you have an exploitable IOS to use to install the cIOS required for USB loader.

Bootmii is very useful and I recommend it is installed. It loads BEFORE the official system menu so if you manage to brick your Wii you can at least restore a NAND backup to fix it assuming you have one.
        Last edited by smouty; 06-06-2010, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
          I'm on 4.2 and had the same problem with USB loader but did manage to resolve it.
          The easiest way is to download Trucha bug restorer to ensure you have an exploitable IOS to use to install the cIOS required for USB loader.

Bootmii is very useful and I recommend it is installed. It loads BEFORE the official system menu so if you manage to brick your Wii you can at least restore a NAND backup to fix it assuming you have one.
          That sounds perfect will pop the install on in a bit then when the missus has finished playing Mario Galaxy (the first one)

Where's the best place to look for all things Wii HBC related??
          I have been away from the Wii for so long...my version of HBC was 1.01 up until about 30 minutes ago lol

cant remember which firmware I'm running now but pretty sure it's only about 3.something if that makes any difference

Thanks

Neil

Comment

www.gbatemp.net is usually where i go to find information.

You can check what firmware you are running in the wii settings in the top right corner.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Just having a read no...there's an absolute shedload of stuff I never knew could be done on it.

Is it easy to install new bits?
              Do I just download them to an SD card or do I need to do anything special??

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Thanks for that.

Just having a read no...there's an absolute shedload of stuff I never knew could be done on it.

Is it easy to install new bits?
                Do I just download them to an SD card or do I need to do anything special??

Thanks again

Neil
                Nope, just need to put it on your SD card run it using HBC.

Comment

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of messing around with this sort of stuff as I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to brick my Wii but found something which took all that worry away.

I've only just started using it but from my very limited knowledge The Homebrew Browser seems to install stuff such as Gecko for dopes like me.

I've only been using it for a few minutes so hopefully other people will post more details here.

Comment

I used it once. Didn't find much need of it really, it doesn't have the best stuff on there. You need to look elsewhere to find something special.

Comment

Does anyone know why Configurable USB Loader (latest version) won't show my installed games (located on the root of my USB HDD in a folder called "wbfs")? The games are on a USB HDD formatted to FAT32. I have cIOS222/223 rev 4 installed (required for reading from FAT/NTFS partitions). I'm also using the correct cIOS222 version of Configurable USB Loader, and it can see the drive and the partition (shown in the Global Options screens) without error. I suspect I'm missing a cIOS of some sort. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Finally got my games runnning off of the usb stick again. Thanks for the Trucha bug advice. I went through the process of getting it to work several times but it finally seemed to work after I put the necessary wads on the SD card and installed them from there (as opposed to the network installation).

I also had to format to WBFS and play around with which usb port on the wii i was using. Most guides say it goes on the port closest to the outside but I prefer to think of it as the port closest to the bottom when you lay the Wii down horizontally.

Comment

Sorry, there's so much info around for this I'm finding it difficult to keep up! Is it possible to play any region Wii and GC games without the need of loading up homebrew to start them on my PAL Wii?

I do currently have HBC and BootMii installed on my launch Wii, but I'm not worried about homebrew. I am prepared to go down the hardware route if necessary (I can remember a while back that people used to program PIC's as modchips to play any region game).

Any advice appreciated

ta
                          Pete

Comment

Gamecube games i know you can as for Wii games, i read somewhere you can but it requires messing with things best left alone. Personally i just install all my games to a hdd anyway, stops me faffing about with discs and it seems quicker.

Comment

Forgive me if this is obvious and been mentioned a bunch of times, but what's the easiest way to play US GC games on a pal Wii? I'm not very confident when it comes to hacking things and would like something relatively idiot proof!

Comment

edit by charlesr: removed. This stuff lets you play both homebrew and backups so we can't allow links to it. I'm sure people can find this stuff themselves.

At the above url is the easiest and complete softmod you'll ever find. If its not allowed mods, please remove.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 29-06-2010, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X