Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found the latest version of Loader GX to be very good. Not to sound stupid, but is yours the latest?

Comment

Yeah, when I installed it, it updated itself over the internet, but then kept crashing. I've uninstalled it.

Comment

I have noticed that Startpatch application, which seems to be the equivalent of Starfall, but for system menu 4.0 and 4.1 (the latter requiring a cIOS). I haven't installed it because I don't intend to upgrade system menu at the moment, but does anyone know if the region protection-defeating routines are improved over Starfall?

Comment

I just upgraded my Wii from 3.2U to 4.1U, and now I can't seem to install WADs - I get error -ret 2011. Does anyone know a solution?

Comment

Do you need to install WADs? I needed one for MadWorld but updated to 4.1 and didn't need it afterwards.

Comment

Yes! Otherwise I wouldn't be asking about it

Comment

Perhaps my question should have started "why". Which game is giving you difficulty?

Comment

No game is giving me difficulty, I just want to be able to install some WADs, but I can't, because of the error.

Comment

Er, wouldn't the update install all available WADs anyway?

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry to ask, but don't really fancy looking through forty pages, what is generally regarded as the best soft-hack at the moment? Don't really fancy chipping my US Machine, but would like to be able to play PAL games as well. Any help would be much appreciated, didn't even realise it was possible!

Comment

Use the BannerBomb. Then install Gecko OS and boom, you're done.

Comment

That easy eh? Cheers for that, saved me a good few hours! Will let you know if I am successful.

Comment

Yeah, I skipped over some of the intricacies, but that's basically all you need to do. I used the savygamer guide to get me started (not sure if I'm allowed to link – just search his blog).

If you are to use PAL Wii games on a US/JPN console you need to use Preloader to prevent the disc installing PAL system updates. I understand BootMii does the same thing, but since I haven't read how it does this, I use both. With BootMii installed you will avoid bricking by creating a backup of your system, so install that, too!

Comment

EDIT - Oops, didn't refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                                If you are to use PAL Wii games on a US/JPN console you need to use Preloader to prevent the disc installing PAL system updates.
                                I just make sure that I'm up to date with the US updates (in fact, even Wii Sports Resort only required me to be at 3.4), then the PAL ones don't bother updating.

I only went to 4.1 just to get back on the shop and buy World Of Goo (for which I was 100 points short ).

Comment

Working...
                                X