This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    can someone advise on the best cios & usb laucher to use?
    I'm still using loader v1.1 and cIOSrev9 which works perfectly for me.

Comment

Using Gecko OS to boot PAL MadWorld on my NTSC-U Wii... gives me Error #02 with a blue screen, telling me to take out the disc and turn the system off. Using menu 3.2... any ideas?

edit: found a fixed version of Gecko OS on Google. Now it seems to run. But holy crap the border. What were they thinking! And no progressive scan Oh well.
      Last edited by honeymustard; 01-06-2009, 16:50.

Comment

I can't get any JPN or PAL GC games to load in Gecko (I have 3.2U). What gives? This used to work.

Comment

I'm on gecko 1.9.0.1 btw.

Comment

Having recently used the WiiSCU application to update my Wii Shop Channel and thus avoid having to update to 4.0e (currently using PAL Wii with 3.4e and HBC installed) first, can anybody in the know please tell me if it'll be OK for me to download and play games from the Virtual Console Arcade without my Wii demanding that I update first? I ask because I would like to download the recently PAL-released version of Space Harrier.

Thanks.

Comment

Bootmii and Preloader should work just fine (taken from bootmii faq):

But "Preloader" is the same thing as BootMii, and I could install it just fine!

No, it's not. The two programs achieve similar goals in completely different ways (which is why you can install both at the same time).

Comment

I've just installed BootMii to my Wii, as well as my brother's Wii. It seems to work great.

Does this mean we are free to update the system menu, if we desired? Since everything can be run independent of the system menu.

Comment

Sorry, really late to the party, here! Questions!

1) Can I use Bannerbomb instead of the Twilight hack to install the Homebrew Channel, or does it have to run alongside? I can't find a clear answer...
                  1a) Does Bannerbomb work on all firmwares, or would I need to be on 4.0U?

2) Can I then update my firmware to use Virtual Console and that?

3) Gecko, I can play games from any region sans chip?

All seems too good to be true!

Your help is appreciated

Comment

1) Yes, just use bannerbomb (that's what I did).
                    1a) Bannerbomb works on any firmware, AFAIK.
                    2) You can update your IOS files without upgrading your firmware and that's what lets you access VC and shop, etc. Although I think most homebrew supports the latest firmware now. If you do update your firmware, you'll have to do it through a homebrew installer or Nintendo will delete all your homebrew stuff.
                    3) Yep.

All this is based on my limited experience over the last 3 weeks, so don't take it as gospel!

Comment

It seems Gecko can even run region-locked channels. I didn't even realise the channels were region locked, but I guess this means you can switch your console region, purchase something from the Japanese store, then switch the region back and run it using Gecko. This also helps if you have a game that requires a higher IOS than what you have installed.

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                        2) You can update your IOS files without upgrading your firmware and that's what lets you access VC and shop, etc.
                        How does one do that?

Comment

How do I install Bootmii?

I've done the homebrew channel and DVDX OK, but when I try to install BootMii as boot2, it tells me I need an SD Card. Can I just say "OK" and use the SD card it's actually installing from? Or will that mess it up? Do I need another SD card?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                            How do I install Bootmii?

I've done the homebrew channel and DVDX OK, but when I try to install BootMii as boot2, it tells me I need an SD Card. Can I just say "OK" and use the SD card it's actually installing from? Or will that mess it up? Do I need another SD card?

Cheers!
                            Use the one you are installing from. It takes up very little space.

Comment

Cheers!

Do I have to leave any files on the SD card now to keep it working, or is it just installed? I should have become far more computer literate before attempting this

Comment

I should have said - It takes up very little space on the SD card
                                Try booting your Wii without the SD card in and you'll see that it is needed.
                                I think it is only one folder though.

BTW - Is there a Bootmii working with the wii controller yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X