Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wii update just released yesterday it seems. Does anyone know if it deletes the homebrew channel?

Comment

bannerbomb and hbc remain unaffected as far as I can tell from the interwebs.

Comment

Gave it a try and homebrew still works. Apprently it was a fix for an error casused by Wii Sports Resort, and considering it isn't even out here in the UK Nintendo definitely wants to make sure we are ready for it!

Comment

I tried booting PAL Klonoa, original disc, on an NTSC-U machine using... I think it was Gamma? The booting program. It worked fine for Nights, but Klonoa locks up at a blue screen, saying I've got error 002.

Does getting this blue screen damage my Wii at all?

And is there a workaround to get the game to work? I tried putting the game on my HDD, but I get the same 002 error.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a decent USB2.0 HDD for use with USB Loader? I'm after one that has been proven to work well, and can also be configured not to turn itself off after a certain period of non-use.

Comment

I'm using a Western Digital "My Passport Essential" 250GB HDD. Works a treat. It came bundled with my system which I bought second-hand.

£50 from PC World apparently...

Comment

What do I need to get USB loader working? I have HBC installed already.

Comment

My SD card has a folder called Apps, with the USB Loader wad inside a folder inside the apps folder. When I select HBC, I get a list of the apps in the folder, including the USB loader.

Comment

It doesn't seem to run, what's that talk of cIOS? What is it?

Comment

For the 002 error problem you can try using gecko os to boot your game as the newer version fixes the 002 problem. Madworld caused the same problem so i used gecko os with the 002 fix.

Comment

Originally posted by CrispyXUK View Post
                        It doesn't seem to run, what's that talk of cIOS? What is it?
                        You need to install CIOS36 for USB loader to work.
                        You need either a WAD file and WAD manager or an installer you can run from HBC.

Comment

Thanks, got any good links?

Comment

We can't share links on the board.

Comment

Didn't think of that.

So, I need a cIOS installer, which I can run from the homebrew channel yes?

Cheers for the help so far guys.

Comment

Is there a general consensus as to which is the best version of USB Loader to use? I tried installing USB Loader GX, but it was throwing errors at me left right and center. I'm now using Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5 but it seems quite basic.

Comment

Working...
                                X