Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After messing around for most of the day, finally got it running on my Usb Loader. Happy days! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      There is an update on the disc, what it does i don't know. I even used the Safe Updater Smouty posted and i still get it.
      That is because Safe Updater does not update boot2 to version 4, even if all other modules are up to date it will still ask you to do an update, until boot2 has the required version asked by the disc. If you can install bootmii as boot2, do that.
      If you cannot install bootmii as boot2, if post 2008 machines, just install boot2v4 with Dop-Mii, and it should stop hassling you about updates.

Comment

Has anyone playing an import copy on a soft-modded Wii gone online yet?

Comment

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to ask for things that can't be given out.
          Last edited by elaniel; 24-04-2010, 07:27. Reason: Asked for stuff I shouldn't have.

Comment

I just want to check that the UK version of Monster Hunter Tri will work using Gecko on a US Wii (Version 4.2U) and I am able to play it online and run updates for the game.

Also, as I haven't played my Wii for a very long time, how will I go about using game DLC?
            Say I buy a UK game and use Gecko to run it and there is DLC on the Wii Shop. Obviously, I only have access to the US Wii Shop. How could I gain this content? Would the same US content work if I downloaded it?
            Last edited by elaniel; 24-04-2010, 07:30.

Comment

Using GeckOS 1.9.1 on my J-Wii with 4.1J firmware I get black borders...

At least it plays AND I can get online.

Comment

I want to play SMG2, obviously, and haven't used my Wii in months. It has the Homebrew Channel (1.0.6) etc on it, and is currently 4.0U. How do I update it to the latest firmware, assuming SMG2 won't work on 4.0U?

I had a look at a wiki, but it was unclear on whether just doing an official update is a good idea/safe. The official update would be ideal if it's OK, tbh I don't care if it deletes the Homebrew Channel, I barely use it anyway, I just don't need a brick with Galaxy 2 on the way!

Help much appreciated.

Comment

I used an app called 4.2 safe updater
                  I had to re-install the HBC anyway afterwards but it was all fine and the shop works again.
                  I used Bannerbomb to re-install HBC.
                  Personally I would wait though to see if it is actually needed.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Using GeckOS 1.9.1 on my J-Wii with 4.1J firmware I get black borders...

At least it plays AND I can get online.
                  Have you tried forcing the video to NTSC?

Comment

Cheers, got it up to date now. Also upgraded boot2 to v4 so hopefully there's nothing that can possibly go wrong come Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                      Have you tried forcing the video to NTSC?
                      Yeah, it made no difference. I updated to the newest GeckOS but that didn't make a difference. Every other game works fine, just not MH3.

Comment

Is it actually in 60Hz? If so, it might just be CRT Underscanning. Many SD games have a 'safe' zone' around the edges of the screen to take into account the inherent overscanning that CRTs have.

Comment

It must be 60Hz, it's a Canadian game, and a Japanese console so 50Hz isn't an option.
                          I've tried a game from the UK and my TV doesn't support whatever gets junked out.

It looks like the same picture I get when I used my USB capture device to record MH3-J videos. Resolution-based lies perhaps?

Comment

Received our new (UK) Wii today and after being them being recommended to me here I'm wanting to buy Shikigami no Shiro III and The Milestone Shooting Collection which means I'm going to have to import.

The Wii is up and running but it's not connected to the internet yet, it shows that it's running firmware v4.2E and I don't want to do anything that's going to prevent me from importing.

Is it too late to install The Homebrew Channel with this firmware? I'm a complete amateur at this sort of stuff but did install it some time back on our old Wii.

Because it's not essential for us I'm not going to mess around if I'm likely to brick the console, is there a disc loader type thing yet? I don't need any additional apps with it as I'm not going to use emulators and it's not going to be a media player so it's purely for the occasional import game.

Would appreciate any advice and I know nothing about this so please keep it simple.

Comment

Nope not too late for you mate. Will p'm you a link to an excellent guide to sort you out. Won't post it here in fear of Wrath from the Mods.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I can't install the Homebrew channel at the moment any way as I can't find an SD card. I'm not in a hurry for it anyway as it'll probably be a while before I import the games. At least I'm not worrying about the firmware being updated now.

Comment

Working...
                                X