Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smouty, you are the wii hack daddy mack - gracias senor.

Comment

Anyone know if any of these PAL games would have a problem running on a softmodded US wii -

Metroid Other M
      Little King's Story
      Sin & Punishment 2
      Another Code R
      Pikmin 1 & 2

I'm talking about running the originals, not from USB loader or anything like that.

Comment

No game should have problems running, because the very latest version of the system menu is exploitable. But Gecko should run any game regardless of system menu version, because it extracts the requires IOS files from the discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          No game should have problems running, because the very latest version of the system menu is exploitable. But Gecko should run any game regardless of system menu version, because it extracts the requires IOS files from the discs.
          I don't have Gecko - I have neogamma; any idea if that's up to the task?

Comment

I'd honestly never heard of Neogamma until now, looks like it's designed more for backup loading. At the very least, it's pretty trivial to just install Gecko - drag and drop onto the SD card in the apps directory, and it'll appear in the Homebrew Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              I'd honestly never heard of Neogamma until now, looks like it's designed more for backup loading. At the very least, it's pretty trivial to just install Gecko - drag and drop onto the SD card in the apps directory, and it'll appear in the Homebrew Channel.
              Cool, thanks - in truth I didn't know what neogamma was either - it was just part of the softmod installation that I used so I put it on there. Will go & have a look at Gecko now; many thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
                Anyone know if any of these PAL games would have a problem running on a softmodded US wii -

Metroid Other M
                Little King's Story
                Sin & Punishment 2
                Another Code R
                Pikmin 1 & 2

I'm talking about running the originals, not from USB loader or anything like that.
                The advice Shakey gave is 100% spot on, but just to add slightly to it I have all of those games in PAL bar Pikmin, and they each work perfectly on my US 4.3 Wii using Gecko. I can't see why Pikmin wouldn't work too, especially as newer Nintendo games work fine.

Word of warning, Little King will only play in 50hz and won't work in 480p. Everything else can be forced/ is native to 60hz and 480p.

Comment

bowser123, you race straight to the top of my Xmas card list - thanks mate

Comment

A friend accidently updated my USA wii which as an original wiikey to firmware 4.3u ( ive installed version 1.99 wiikey update too )

now original jap games wont boot on it or backups, can anyone help me fix this please ? or direct me to a site that may be able to help

im not using copies just some jap games and usa games but they simply wont boot any more, i dont have the homebrew channel or anything like that
                    thanks
                    Last edited by yesteryeargames; 28-10-2010, 11:24.

Comment

ive managed to install the homebrew channel using smashstack with a copy of usa smash bros

where do i go from here please?

Comment

If you don't care about your wiikey, then install geckoOS and use that to fire up games from a different region. I'm not sure how to get your wiikey working again though.

Comment

Oh and your first port of call is to add the homebrew browser as an application in the homebrew channel. This lets you add apps off the interwebs without using the PC. GeckoOS is listed in there under utilities I think.

Comment

got browser v0.32 it loads on a black screen finds the IP address at codemii.com retrieved it then it comes up with error -10076 and nothing else happens

Comment

bah, has anyone installed Startpatch on their Wii? I have a 4.3 Wii with Homebrew channel installed and Bootmii as Boot2.

I thought start patch was as easy to install as selecting it from the HB channel and then selected what I wanted... But clearly not...

I think I need to do something with the ios' but as I cant find a guide and dont use HB much I dont really know what im doing...

if someone can help I would appreciate it!

Comment

I have a US wii,had it since launch never really use it that much so im cant be bothered now to import games from the US so what do i need to do to get Pal games to work on my US wii so i can have the convenence to get games here in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X