Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not allowed to post a link to a guide, but Google for a method for installing the Homebrew Channel on your specific Wii firmware version. That will allow you to run homebrew applications.

From here, the simplest way of running imported games (Wii or GameCube) for someone new to this is to install GeckoOS, which is an unofficial application that allows you to run imports.

There are other methods that enable you to patch your Wii system menu to permenently enable region free straight from the Wii main menu (applications such as Startpatch), but I'd not recommend that to someone who is new to Wii homebrew.

Comment

I haven't turned on my Wii in a while, but I think I got 4.3U. Thanks for the help

Comment

I've got gecko 1.9.3 or thereabouts on a US Wii 4.3u and basically im trying to get zelda pal to work but all i get is a b/w rolling screen (just like the old days with ntsc games on pal tvs), ive tried different settings in gecko like force ntsc and both pal 50/60 to no avail.

Any ideas?

Comment

Is it just me, or have Nintendo not yet updated the new releases on the Wii Shop Channel?

The Last Blade is supposed to be out today in Europe, but my Wii Shop Channel still only lists last week's new releases. When do Nintendo add new releases?

Comment

Been away from the wii hacking for a few years and wondered if letterbomb and hackmii installer is still the best option to install homebrew.

EDIT : looks like it is the easiest way as now homebrewed up....just need to work out how to get the wad manager to install...
            Last edited by JB@XL; 07-09-2012, 16:33.

Comment

Righto guys my brother has just got himself a Black PAL Wii from my parents (It's about 6 months old) & without trolling back through 70 odd pages what's the easiest way to softmod this mo-fo??

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

Google dude. We can't give you details.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Google dude. We can't give you details.
                  No worries charles.

Wasn't sure if someone could just give me the names of what was needed...last time I did mine was through game exploits & reading what there is here it looks like it's moved on ALOT since then lol

Neil

Comment

Haven't been online with my Wii in quite a while. Wii Shop Channel is asking that I update in order to use it. Will this stop my HBC from working?

Comment

It is safer to use a HBC method to update it e.g. DopMii.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                        It is safer to use a HBC method to update it e.g. DopMii.
                        From what I've read, IOS62 is newly installed alongside the updated WSC, so not sure that DopMii is able to help.

Comment

Need some help people.

I modded my Wii as I am sure PAL Zelda SS is 50hz only. I have picked up a US Zelda and trying to run it through Neogamma. When the game loads in NTSC it only plays with a red screen via RGB. When I do the same with Links Crossbow NTSC it wont play at all in PAL mode and only red via NTSC.
                          When I play the SS I have it plays the same no matter how I select it. It still feels like 50hz.

I am only playing an internet acquired version at the moment. I want to test to see if I can get it working before I purchase one.

Any ideas? I want to load from a disc.

Comment

I use a USB loader which has a myriad of video option but I'm guessing that NTSC and RGB scart won't work.
                            Component is the way to go on Wii for maximum compatibility.

Comment

Ok finally got a Japanese game running via rgb normally. Managed to get Zelda working too and still really flickery. Maybe i was wrong and Zelda just had no flicker filter at all.

Comment

just got myself a pal wii which is on 4.2E but i want to play DK returns which has just told me that i need to update.

I updated my US wii to 4.3 before realising that it then wont play PAL games now, usually just get a rolling screen.

So 2 questions can i play DKR somehow on the pal Machine without updating or is there a way to get DKR and Zelda (pal) to play on my US machine (s-video)

Comment

Working...
                                X