Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent cheap shmup pad / stick for the Xbox360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent cheap shmup pad / stick for the Xbox360?

I'm finding the pad on my 360 controllers a bit lame for shooters. It's not terrible, but just could be better.
    Is there a decent pad (maybe without analogue sticks like that GC Hori controller) or stick that doesn't break the bank? I'm used to the DC stick which I like a lot, but it's bloody huge.

Microswitches like a NGPC. Also known as the MvC3 pad in the UK.

Comment

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-...j-70-4ji3.html ??

Comment

That PDP one looks good. Do you have one?

Comment

Or http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-...j-70-3u0y.html ?? ?50 still seems a bit steep.

Comment

Anywhere in the UK with a similar range to that gametronex site?

Comment

I got my PDP pad from CeX for ?20, I padhacked it for my arcade stick though.

This one, postage is killer though.

The reason I recommend it is that the microswitches make small movements VERY easy, superior to even a stick IMO. Certainly not a loose stick like a sanwa JLF. Seimitsu LS-56-01/LS-32-01 aren't as bad.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 12-05-2012, 15:09.

Comment

I'd recommend the madcatz pad. I think it's great for fighting, shooting and anything 2D. That one on play asia is a ripoff though are they are very cheaply made. You can pick them up on ebay for ?10-?15 (the older street fighter 4 models).

Also, was the PDP pad ever released in the UK? I fancy trying it out but only if I can find one for a reasonable price.

Comment

Not really sure, which is why I bought it in CeX.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Not really sure, which is why I bought it in CeX.
                    Online or in store? I had a quick check on the website and couldn't even find a listing for it.

How did you find it as a pad before modding it? Does that weird d-pad actually work well?

Comment

In store. I found the pad to be good for shmups, but not so much for fighters really. That's mostly due to the shape though as I was holding it at a sort of weird angle. I'm sure you'd get used to it though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        In store. I found the pad to be good for shmups, but not so much for fighters really. That's mostly due to the shape though as I was holding it at a sort of weird angle. I'm sure you'd get used to it though.
                        Thanks. I'll give it a punt if I can find it for sale for less than a pound of flesh.

Comment

Managed to find one on ebay for ?33 delivered. There were more available.
                          Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Nuts. I would've suggested a Hori EX2 pad. The d-pad has been excellent for shooting games.

Comment

I didn't even know Hori made pads like that. The Dpad looks a lot better than a normal 360 pad.
                              Got myself an official wired 360 pad for my PC last week and am liking the weight of it without the battery pack on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X