Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent cheap shmup pad / stick for the Xbox360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedy, I have the PDP pad now. I'm trying it on the PC but it doesn't seem to want to do diagonals. Any ideas?
    I tried the Taito emulator with Homura and it went up down left right fine, but just not the diagonals.

Comment

If you mean Taito Type X, then when configuring your controls you have to set the joystick to 8 way instead of 4 way.

I ran into the same problem when configuring BlazBlue Continuum Shift ages ago, that solved it.

Comment

Please can you check how? I can't find the 8way option. I see 4Way Y/N, but choosing N still only offers me 4 directions.

Comment

I don't have the files to check currently I'm afraid.

Are you using the GUI config program?

You might want to try hitting Y to 4way, otherwise it reverts to 2 way (x/y axis) I think.

If that doesn't work well, I'll grab a game and give it a go myself.

Comment

I used the GUI and that command line config.
            I've set up the POV in Joy2Key so that when I use notepad it comes out as wasd as expected. However, this information does not make it through to Type X. I enter wasd in Homura config and that works fine with keys in-game but the POV movements do not register.

Comment

I've never tried the Taito emulator, but I was searching for tips on other emus last month (I think) and some people had various tips for controlling the Taito emu. I think some of them were using Xpadder (SP?) or a similar app to map the controls. There's a few threads about it out there and I'm sorry if I contributed zero useful info, since re-reading your post that Joy2key sounds like a similar solution.

Comment

It is. Simpler interface, but I prefer it.

Comment

I tried Joy2Key which works perfectly in online flash games for diagonals, but it just refuses to work in Taito Type X
                  Makes. No. Sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X