Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerj View Post
    Silly question time - Are all of the Cave titles on the 360 disc products, or are some of them live arcade titles?
    Disc only as far as I know.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj View Post
      Silly question time - Are all of the Cave titles on the 360 disc products, or are some of them live arcade titles?
      Apparently they were meant to be XBLA titles but MS didn't want loads of similar titles clogging up the list!

Comment

I'm not that familiar with Cave's output so could someone answer some newbie questions-

1.What makes this version of Dodonpachi better than previous releases?

2.Will these releases be region free, I've got a pal 360.

3.I forget the name, but my fave Cave title was the one where you control a demon figure but I can't remember the name, will that be coming out?

Comment

3. Guwange? I don't think it'll come out to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
            3. Guwange? I don't think it'll come out to be honest.

Yeah, that's the one I think, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              I'm not that familiar with Cave's output so could someone answer some newbie questions-

1.What makes this version of Dodonpachi better than previous releases?

2.Will these releases be region free, I've got a pal 360.

3.I forget the name, but my fave Cave title was the one where you control a demon figure but I can't remember the name, will that be coming out?
              1. The DoDonPachi game that's coming out isn't a "version" of DoDonPachi as such, it's a proper sequel (at least, DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou is the sequel- i.e. the third game in the series, which goes DonPachi, DoDonPachi, DoDonPachi DOJ (not including the non-Cave DoDonPachi 2: Bee Storm)).
              The only previous version of Dai Ou Jou that was released outside the arcade was on the PS2 (ace conversion btw), and then there was a very limited arcade release of Dai Ou Jou black label (the original with some gameplay tweaks). The 360 version contains the original and the black label versions plus some other extras.
              All that, of course, doesn't take account of the newest game in the series, DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu, which got its arcade release a few months back.

2. It's not known for sure if it'll be region-free or not, but the general vibe is that it won't be.

3. Yeah, sounds like Guwange. There's been absolutely no mention of a home release, so don't hold your breath.
              Last edited by endo; 07-02-2009, 16:53.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed reply, bit saddened that they probably wont be region free.

Comment

They already said it wont be region free m8

Comment

Reminded myself (as been intrested in SFIV only for preorder) that DDPDJ was out on Thursday and noticed its already to buy at PA. I asked Dave 123 about it last week and again checked ebay and its up so placed an order for one

Comment

His price is cheaper than PA too. My order from PA was shipped today and I'm really hoping it comes with the preorder booklet. First impressions from adverse at Cave-STG and it's not looking good:

Originally posted by adverse
                      Ok....people are going to hate a lot about this port.

First, the loading is BAD. Just to get into the main menu it seems to take at least two minutes. This is with the game installed.

The menus are really poorly laid out. To access tate mode, you're going to have to go into the Visual config, then switch it to either Tate A or B, and then that takes effect when you actually get into the game.

There's loading on the goddamn art gallery.

Some of the achievements seem like they aren't popping for me for whatever reason.

X-mode is not available at the start, I assume it gets unlocked. You also get no continues to start off with, which is fine but also really disconcerting when it says Continue? 9, 8, 7.. and you hit start and nothing happens. Continues are added as you play FYI.

Once you get past the awful menus and awful loading, the game itself is rather intact and still really fun. You'll notice slight changes to certain patterns I think. I'm gonna mess around with the aspect ratio a bit and see if I can make it any prettier.
                      Originally posted by adverse

Picture of the package and the guidebook. Guidebook btw doesn't have any crazy art or anything, just a stage by stage breakdown. I'll post some impressions after playing a bit.

Edit: One thing really nice about the guide book though is it has full stage maps. The beehive part will probably be pretty helpful.
                      I just pray 5pb don't **** up Ketsui and learn some major lessons from this.
                      Last edited by Geezer; 17-02-2009, 07:36.

Comment

My DDP: DOJ shipped today as well

Hope it's at least as good as the PS2...I think I'm still in the minority in saying that the 360 cover is better than the PS2 one

Fingers crossed will be here in the week.

Neil

Comment

As long as the actual port quality of the game is good I can cope with loading times before the game.

However, 5pb will really have to gone some to top the PS2 port. Arika's conversions were genuine labours of love and were nigh on perfect.

Comment

Loading up dont bother me as we had that on PS2. Gallery dont care never use em (I think Raiden IV takes ages to load as well doesnt it for gallery?). Seen games with Tate like that before again no big deal.

All I care about is a descent port (and not like the hideous Ibara PS2 port) and it dont take eons to load a go and its quick between stages loading or instant and its authentic thats it so I can dump my PS2.

Yea I go with Dave123 as much as I can over PA m8 it works about near enough the same if you pay insurance maybe few quid less but his global shippings really quick for the price.
                            Last edited by Guest; 17-02-2009, 13:15.

Comment

Yay! Mine shipped today aswell. Anyone know what the achievements are like on this?

Comment

The slowdown is emulated which is the main thing. They weren't going to at first. Its still being ripped apart on 2ch though for having unbalanced new stuff, very backward menu navigation, lots of loading and bugs. Doesn't look like theres a scanline option either which is a shame (makes such a difference in RFA).

If anyone doesn't get on with it I'll trade my Raiden IV with a fiver in a box, I'm still curious

Comment

Working...
                                X