Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not played any of the those games in the arcade....no idea what to vote for

Comment

If anyone is unsure, then do the world a favour and vote for Ketsui!

Comment

Whoah, this is surprising. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they only accept votes from .jp email addresses or something stupid like that.

I will probably put in a vote for ESP.Ra.De - in my mind I can't see them doing a newer title like MMP on XBLA, Ketsui I'm content to wait for a disc release (even if it is doooomed with the longest, most troubled development ever), and well... I don't like Pink Sweets

Comment

Whatever gets chosen, I'd be amazed if it sees a Western release even on XBLA. Still, it's possible.

Bit of a turn around given that MS gave Cave the proverbial finger last year about conversions of their older titles.

Comment

Ketsui would be a wasted vote unless the 5pb port is cancelled, which it isn't, yet.

I think they're fishing for pre PGM-era games. Perhaps they've been talking to Atlus.

Comment

is there a chance for progear ? i know it had something to do with capcom though

Comment

A vote for ProGear would be wasted seeing as it's perfectly emulated.

Comment

but i dont get achievements and xbox live scores...with it emulated Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                    Whatever gets chosen, I'd be amazed if it sees a Western release even on XBLA. Still, it's possible.
                    Doesn't matter, it's not difficult to set up a JPN gamertag to download stuff from the JPN Marketplace. No XBLA games are region-locked.

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                    Bit of a turn around given that MS gave Cave the proverbial finger last year about conversions of their older titles.
                    I think they only said 'no' to direct arcade ports. Can't imagine there'd be a problem if they add some stuff to it like an arrange mode or reworked hi-def graphics.

Comment

But then there's the issue of buying JPN points, and finding a proxy to obtain IP-locked content, presuming they go down this route. Don't get me wrong, none of this will stand in my way - but still, it's a pain, and I can imagine it'll put off a lot of westerners, which is a shame.

I would love to see Progear or ESP.Ra.De ported - appreciate they are MAME-able, but I think this is the era of title they're looking for and it'd be lovely to play the game legitimately in my own home.

Do MS have any policies in terms of resolutions etc that XBLA games must support? I can imagine re-drawing any title with HD graphics must take some serious time... my only 'wish list' feature is online leaderboards, which I'd hope is fairly elementary.

Comment

No XBLA games are region-locked
                        No, but there's no guarantee we'll be able to buy it just because its an XBLA game. It could be IP blocked like loads of other items on the foreign marketplaces.

Anyway, I'll be voting for one of these;

エスプレイド (ESP Ra De)
                        ぐわんげ (Guwange)

Actually, I'll just send a vote for each from different email addresses.

Comment

Some items on the Marketplace are region/IP locked (mostly DLC and GoD) but no XBLA games are (regardless of region).

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          But then there's the issue of buying JPN points, and finding a proxy to obtain IP-locked content, presuming they go down this route. Don't get me wrong, none of this will stand in my way - but still, it's a pain, and I can imagine it'll put off a lot of westerners, which is a shame.
                          You're mixing up Games on Demand with XBLA. Cave are planning an XBLA release, not a GoD game. There is no region/IP locking of any sort on any XBLA games, even the ones that are only available in certain regions. All you need to do it setup a JPN gamertag and buy an MSP card off ebay.
                          Last edited by bcass; 16-08-2009, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                            Some items on the Marketplace are region/IP locked (mostly DLC and GoD) but no XBLA games are (regardless of region).
                            You've downloaded Bubble Bobble Neo then?

Comment

Erm, I have

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X