No announcement yet.

Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a port though some people will never be happy with this and theirs always issues with em in some shape or form Ive even seen peeps moaning its got borders.

Im just thankfull that these people have the balls to give us home versions with a niche market and pray we start getting these regulary and end up with Sweets and Galuda 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
      Its a port though some people will never be happy with this and theirs always issues with em in some shape or form I've even seen peeps moaning its got borders.
      I'm not really sure that's true is it? Were there people complaining about the ESPGaluda & DOJ ports on PS2? They both seem pretty close to flawless. It just feels a little like we've moved backwards which is a bit depressing.

Comment

Peeps moaned about how the sprites looked on em.

Ive heard DS is a very good port but I just find constant pulling to pieces of games pointless like this. Their not going to spend millions porting and using a big team to get any shmup across.

Only one Ive had issues with was Ibara on PS2 thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Peeps moaned about how the sprites looked on em.
          Only in yoko though, no?

Comment

Nobody ever moaned about the Arika ports because they're two of the most arcade perfect ports ever seen. Its extremely rare for a developer to have the passion to put that much effort in to attention to detail. The complaints about slowdown are probably because Arika spoilt us. I would agree cutting it completely out of Ibara was a bad idea that left a hard game even harder. Cave seem to have learnt from that though and it sounds like they've only cut some from DS which is a much easier game.

Looks like I'll find out later as my LE is out for delivery. £69.20 including EMS, which was nice.

Comment

Its definetly not Region free as just shoved it in PAL unit to test.

Regarding the Akira ports theirs plenty of peeps what moaned about the sprites and minor bugs ie Espgaluda has some audio bugs in stage 1 and 3 and some bullet problems (bullets dont show up sometimes from what Ive read in red mode compared to arcade). Again I dont see the problem but yet again even cracking ports people moaned pml
              Last edited by Guest; 24-04-2009, 10:54.

Comment

The following is regarding Ketsui, sorry if already posted.
                Hopefully Mihara will get on board and the game will turn out well.

Originally posted by adverse
                There is a little bit of hope for this game.

Mihara posted on his blog that the 5pb company president came to his offices when the Ketsui delay was announced and asked for his help. Mihara told him that he's a craftsman who won't accept a job if it's only going to be 98% done with 2% remaining. Although he hasn't promised to be involved yet, it seems that 5pb is now working with companies 'related to Ketsui' which would mean CAVE. Mihara is currently considering whether to get involved or not, but he says it would be nice if 'talks went smoothly'. He says that 5pb's efforts in asking around for help will mean that the port's accuracy should improve a bit, and he also seems to indicate that if he got involved he would make sure there are no major problems with the game.

Comment

Comment

Don't get it, it's a link back to this page.

Comment

No page before Some peeps cant go back one page to read same info regarding Mihara lol

Comment

Oh boy. Chances of Ketsui port happening getting smaller by the second...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/200...i_controversy/

Oh boy. Chances of Ketsui port happening getting smaller by the second...
                          Update:

Originally posted by adversity1 at Shmups
                          Ok, Mihara just posted an update to his blog.

He realized the code had been stolen on March 11th, like he posted on his blog.

He figured it out by noticing that there were a lot of original elements of the PS2 version present in the 360. Then he started looking in to whether there were duplications in the 360 versions, and if there were, would he win in a lawsuit? He brought this to 5pb and they confirmed it.

Mihara thought that the 5pb company had known about the theft, but as soon as he brough the issue to them, he realized from their response that they were oblivious to it.

Apparently when this issue was brought to Aqua Systems by 5pb, they acknowledged the theft that day. They had built the 360 version off of the PS2 source code. For Mihara, 5pb's guilt lies in the fact that they did not verify the ROM that this company had prepared for them.

He can't reveal exactly how Aqua got the code because they are in damages talks at the moment. He will let everyone know when he can.

He says that in his heart, he was pretty intent on taking 5pb down. But he is only taking the legal step of damages.

But then the 5pb president came to his office, apologized, made clear what had happened AND claimed he wanted to re-do the title.

That's what allowed Mihara to accept their apology.

With their press release, 5pb may no longer be able to work in the industry. But Arika will help them. Mihara is going to take over the DOJBLEX port revision.

But he's really busy at the moment.

The problem is that the limit for a 360 patch is 4 megs, but he thinks they should re-code the whole thing.

He says the dev team for Ketsui is different from the one for DOJ so everyone can rest assured. He says Asada-san (Deathsmiles) will be overseeing this but I think this is just a friendly jab at Asada-san.
                          Last edited by Geezer; 20-06-2009, 10:34.

Comment

So the only decent bit about the 5pb port was because it was PS2 source code. LOL. You have to laugh. No wonder Mihara was a bit shirty on his blog. 5pb are lucky not to be sued out of business, even if it was supposedly outsourced.

The good news is that due to the hype surrounding Cave ports at the moment, Cave and Arika are still intent on getting decent DOJBL and Ketsui ports out between them. Easier said than done though. What a ****ing mess.

Comment

i am "slightly" confused about this i must say they had the rights to convert the game....but not the rights to the source code ....how would they make the game without source code ?

Comment

They didn't have the rights to Arikas PS2 source code.

Comment

Working...
                                X