Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?!
    That is a bit sad isnt it, so they are saying were are gonna try and show them buy releasing these games at retial how well they can do these games would have FLOWN off the marketplace on XBLA.
    Similar titles though have only ever been NTSC-J only titles, I wouldnt have minded playing them myself and im sure other people would have as well, these one will be the same no doubt.
    Bloody shame.

Comment

I can understand them wanting to cut down on the retro stuff, cos there was a time when that's all we got, and it wasn't particularly impressive for the service ... but that was when it was crusty old 80's stuff we were getting. To veto Cave shmups on that criteria is madness.

Yes, they are cocks.

Comment

Definitely, especially when introducing them to a new and open market like XBLA, anyone can give them a go. Hell whats the worse that can happen CAVE fans only buy the XBLA games? Least they would have more sales than Frogger.
        Somehow smells of MS wanting to give Xbox360 more incentive at retail, push 360 retail games more. Reckon people should spam email that quote to MS XBLA sections/Major Nelson etc and say WTF are you thinking?!
        Last edited by Family Fry; 28-03-2008, 08:38.

Comment

It's a ridiculous decision, I bet Triggerheart did more downloads than it did sales on XBLA, and quite frankly, I'd take the tried and tested Cave shmups over some of the dross that's been pumped out onto Live lately.

These games will fail at retail because no doubt, they'll be region-locked so that's a good three quarters of your market cut out straight away, nice move.

What the MN/MS email address guys? Probably won't make a blind bit of difference, but at least our voice gets heard.

Comment

Always a bit skeptical of translated interviews...

Slightly strange if true though, especially if these games were 50Mb. Understandable if companies don't want to host large downloads. Or maybe MS simply didn't like the deal.

Comment

MS haven't a clue , and should drop the Live Arcade tag right now , cas its nothing of the sort . If I was SONY I'll let these game go up on PSN and show MS up for the fools they are .

Comment

Unfortunately your not sony (would you want to be though!?).
                Sony are just about as much idiots as MS when it comes to what people would like to see and stuff like this. Actually knowing sony they would probably come out with some crap about some of them already being on PS2 and you can play them on your PS3

Comment

According to post on Neogaf, latest Famitsu has confirmed that Death Smiles is also due to be ported for release early next year.

*stares at PAL 360 regretfully*

Comment

scans at the bottom

happy times!

*stares lovingly at jp 360*
                    Last edited by Number45; 27-08-2008, 12:32. Reason: Link to scans removed.

Comment

No scans please folks, or links to scans.

Comment

Right then, that'll be me getting a JP 360 then.

Comment

oops sorry about that I was so excited

Comment

Didn't Cave consider to make these titles region free?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              According to post on Neogaf, latest Famitsu has confirmed that Death Smiles is also due to be ported for release early next year.

*stares at PAL 360 regretfully*
                              Oh my god news of the year & another reason I'm SO glad my 360 is a Jpn machine

Still it's quite a way off yet so hopefully Otomedius & Raiden 4 will keep me going till then

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                MS haven't a clue , and should drop the Live Arcade tag right now , cas its nothing of the sort . If I was SONY I'll let these game go up on PSN and show MS up for the fools they are .
                                The same Sony that tried to completely ban 2D games?
                                I have to say, I'm getting rather tempted by the idea of importing a Japanese 360 for some of these absolute gems on the horizon (and already out).

Comment

Working...
                                X