Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Wow that Donpachi art looks amazing...hope it does stay that way, much better than the PS2 cover.
    GTF

Comment

Must agree, I bloody love the PS2 cover (I have the poster on my bedroom wall!), and that new one isn't up to much IMO. Still, looking forwards to the game.

And Ketsui in January! Go on, make the hat-trick and give us Death Smiles in Feb too

Comment

Junya Inoue's art for Cave is lovely. I'm a bit concerned how 5pb adding a new character is going to turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
          GTF
          Do you know what I didnt even know what that meant until Fuse popped up & made me realise it wasnt nice

It's a personal thing I just find the PS2 one very dull.
          Not saying it's a bad cover just I dont like it.

I'd love to see Death Smiles in Feb too...of course I'd like it earlier really but I could wait till Feb because I've got so much else to play in the meantime anyway

Neil

Comment

I really want to try these games out, but I don't really have the room or spare cash for another 360 to play them

Comment

PS2 is the way to go for DOJ anyway

Comment

PS2 is the way to go for DOJ anyway
                Amen...tis my favourite PS2 shooter by some margin.

Even better in my eyes than Espgaluda.

I'm only really after it on the 360 because I want to play the Black Label edition...never ever played the arcade versions so would like to see how insane it really can be in the BL version.

Neil

Comment

Honestly, theres not much difference between DOJ and DOJBL. Subtle scoring/hyper changes for pros, more noticeable on the second loop. The PS2 port is a labour of love by Arika, supports native 240p and has the slowdown faithfully emulated. Their PS2 ports are as good as ports get.

Comment

Ah so basically I'll never notice the difference really because I suck at it so badly lol

Still I guess it's worth having from a "I must own all Donpachi home games" point of view lol

Neil

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I want this to sell as many as possible it's just not a must buy if you have a PS2, whereas with Ketsui beggars can't be choosers.

Cave's own Deathsmiles port should be more faithful, and if that goes well they're talking about Mushi Futari, Espgaluda 2 and DDP DFK.

Comment

I do have the PS2 version but I think I'll still get the 360 version anyway...hopefully may see a Black Label Superplay DVD shipped with it which to me would be worth the price of the game even if I never play it & stick to the PS2 version instead.

Ketsui is an absolute must for me...as soon as thats up for pre-order I'll be there.
                        I've heard so many good things about it I must play it

Cave's own Deathsmiles port should be more faithful, and if that goes well they're talking about Mushi Futari, Espgaluda 2 and DDP DFK.
                        That there just made me do a little dance

I would kill/sell my parents for ports of those 3

I doubt I'll ever be fortunate enough to own a home cab so ports really are the only way for me play these & to be honest I never thought I'd see them but fingers crossed then we will get them.

Just hope they do ok & then we might be lucky & see Pink Sweets & Muchi Muchi Pork as well

Neil

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I want this to sell as many as possible it's just not a must buy if you have a PS2, whereas with Ketsui beggars can't be choosers.

Crikey. Didn't realise the Death Smiles port was being done by Cave themselves! I am super-hyped for that, not only do I really enjoy the game but it's looking like it'll be my first Cave 1cc. Nearly beat the 4-2 boss on my 4th credit, so am optimistic that some quality time learning my way around it should see me past the finishing line. Plus for once I won't have to lament on a non-TATEable monitor!

Would love to get some more Galuda 2 time, and DFK/Futari are the two more recent games I've not played that I'd like to, so fingers crossed for these big time.

Even if I don't get much play out of DDP DOJ:BL, supporting these and increasing the chances of more ports is worth the price on its own.

Comment

Hi, I've been living under a rock.

I thought the Cave ports were rejected by MS earlier this year, what prompted them to green light these projects in the end?

Comment

They were rejected for XBLA releases.

Comment

What a fantastic decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X