X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone does fancy buying from play-asia, here's an affiliate link:

Death Smiles 2 IIX First Print LTD ED

Death Smiles 2 IIX Standard Edition

I'm still looking forward to the US version of the first one arriving next month
    Last edited by charlesr; 25-05-2010, 06:27.

Comment

Anyone know much about Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa?

NTSC-uk affiliate Link
      Last edited by charlesr; 25-05-2010, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Ordered the boggo edition from VGI. Lee is pretty good at getting stuff in quickly.
        Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
          Anyone know much about Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa?

NTSC-uk affiliate Link
          It's a horizontal shmup. Looks alright, I'm gonna get it probably.
          Last edited by charlesr; 25-05-2010, 14:28.

Comment

Strike Witches footage:

Looks very poor. Not impressed with the PSP-quality graphics, loads of dialogue box interuptions, or that, apparently, the controls are dual analogue. Would look dodgy even as a XBLA title imo, but as a full-price release?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              It's a horizontal shmup. Looks alright, I'm gonna get it probably.
              Say's it's a strategy game on the PA link...?
              I think there is vids on JPN marketplace, there's something, because I remember seeing the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                Would look dodgy even as a XBLA title imo, but as a full-price release?
                A way to milk fans of the franchise, they'll buy it no matter how many times they complain about the game quality.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  A way to milk fans of the franchise, they'll buy it no matter how many times they complain about the game quality.
                  Looks about par for the course for anime licenses. Ninety percent of them are little more than cheap'n'cheerful shovelware. Even the ones with a bit of artistry don't put in much of an effort, like the Mushishi game on the DS... gorgeous backgrounds, but it's still an uninspired, fairly repetitive collect-em-up at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                    Looks about par for the course for anime licenses. Ninety percent of them are little more than cheap'n'cheerful shovelware. Even the ones with a bit of artistry don't put in much of an effort, like the Mushishi game on the DS... gorgeous backgrounds, but it's still an uninspired, fairly repetitive collect-em-up at heart.
                    A Mushishi game? I loved the series, a shame to hear that it's not a good game...and a Pokemon look-a-like?

Comment

It's not terrible, but not that great either. The backgrounds are as outstanding as you'd hope, absolutely lovely, but there's not much going on in them. I could never get past a certain point - fair bit of language comprehension looked to be required - and most of the mushi collecting I could work out was essentially the same handful of capture mechanics repeated over and over again. It just felt like a fairly lazy knockoff of Konami's Afterschool Boy (ask Importaku for confirmation how good that one is).

Anyway, I digress. Do carry on.

Comment

Must admit I wasn't too put off by the latest Strike Witches video. I'm far more put off to learn that it's a dual-stick control scheme, gah! Still, was never going to be a day 1 purchase for me, will wait and see what popular opinion says of it, and/or a price drop to ease the pain.

Comment

Got my Deathsmiles II today ... can anyone tell me what the DLC card is for please?

Comment

If I'm remembering rightly, it's for an alternative soundtrack that can be played in-game.

Comment

Somewhat interesting, Ghostlight are holding a competition to bring over a game to Europe. I decided to go and choose Ketsui, so now's maybe the chance we could get a Cave game over here. It seems you can make multiple entries too (with different e-mails), so let's make it happen!
                              Last edited by Kaosu; 08-07-2010, 00:41.

Comment

Ghostlight don't currently have any 360 games in their current line up, so I doubt its going to happen. Cave just need to do the region free thing, its as simple as.

Comment

Working...
                                X