No announcement yet.

Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, but apparently it sold pretty well according to RSG, which is probably why they're having another go with another Cave title. Not sure the DLC model they have planned is going to be that well suited to the Euro market though.

Comment

wouldnt a name change be better suited to sell more copies though -

everyone on her knows what 'dodonpachi' is but your average punter will think its something eaten with fried rice

Comment

I don't think these releases are aimed at your average punter. They're highly niche titles aimed at a small part of the better educated segment of the market. When I say better educated, I mean people with a bit of gaming savvy. Most of these people will have heard the name Donpachi / Dodonpachi at some point in their gaming lives.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          wouldnt a name change be better suited to sell more copies though -

everyone on her knows what 'dodonpachi' is but your average punter will think its something eaten with fried rice
          They've already changed Daifukkatsu to Resurrection. I guess you could look at sales of the iPhone version to see if that helped.

I think the terrible cover art will put more people who don't know about it off the game. I would never pick up that cover from a shelf.

Comment

If they have any sense they'll put space ships on the cover, not lolis.

Comment

like this?

;-)

Comment

They went with the JPN LE boxart.

Comment

A Dodonpachi game getting an official UK launch?

NTSC-uk, your work is done!

Comment

If any noobs make it past the first 30 seconds of that trailer I'll be surprised. Terrible intro.

Comment

Fantastic news. Doesn't look as good as DeathSmiles (what does?) but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                        If any noobs make it past the first 30 seconds of that trailer I'll be surprised. Terrible intro.
                        the game is b'ard hard - even for someone experienced in playing shooters - unless you are prepared to put in an insane amount of time - dont expect to get too far on 1c...

Comment

Well, thats a lot better than the JPN standard edition cover. Lazy work on the title. They've slapped the words over the Japanese writing, and haven't spaced it properly so her chin is hitting them. They should move it a little to the left if they want it there. I wish it would use that image that was used on the original mockup of the JPN release that sadly wasn't used:

As for the game being b*stard hard - well, its not really. You get autobomb which helps a lot in getting further. And then there is the magical bullet cancelling ability of hyper. Saying that, I can't 1CC it because the last level is indeed b*stard hard, such a huge step up in difficulty from the previous levels. I can manage it on the iPhone though with the super movement abilities there.

Comment

I'm actually glad that another Cave shooter is making its way outside, I'm sure those in the US will be a bit annoyed, but I don't think Aksys want to take another chance.

I'll be picking this up to help support RSG for other titles as well.

Comment

If Cave can't find a US publisher I reckon they'll just publish it themselves on the US GoD service, as per DSIIX.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                the game is b'ard hard - even for someone experienced in playing shooters - unless you are prepared to put in an insane amount of time - dont expect to get too far on 1c...
                                You're thinking of DOJ right?

Anyone who buys this absolutely needs the Black Label DLC. It's this much better than 1.5 *holds arms apart*

Comment

Working...
                                X